Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
- Ottawa, Canada
Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare's first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications and digital offerings that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company's foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers' ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 800 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
We are currently looking for an EHS Manager for two Ottawa Siemens Healthineers sites working alongside one other EHS professional.
The ideal candidate will drive the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) initiatives to cultivate a safe and healthy minded, environmentally friendly working environment. In addition, the role is to enhance EHS related site-specific programs and to address regulated EHS country and corporate standards.
The role maintains compliance by driving improvements to the Healthineers EHS Management System, suggests solutions and provides professional guidance to EHS issues/challenges within the Healthineers organization by participating locally and within corporate EHS teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the EHS Management System (ISO 45001 and ISO45001 requirements) and EHS programs at the two Ottawa based sites.
• Lead and contribute to the site EHS team initiatives.
• Support the site leadership team by participating in initiatives and providing EHS updates/recommendation for improvement to the team on a continuous basis.
• Influence others to cultivate a positive safety culture.
• Develop and track leading indicator EHS metrics to demonstrate improvements in the management system.
• Work closely with the site organization to assure compliance with legal requirements and to drive safety, environmental and health performance.
• Interface with EHS regulatory agencies for permitting, reporting and inspections.
• Drive Management initiatives to improve employee wellness.
• Case manage work related injuries.
• Improve EHS knowledge to employees by providing effective training and other communication methods.
• As a member of the EHS functional organization, contribute to regional and global level EHS initiatives.
• Participate/facilitate the investigations of EHS related incidents.
• Perform other EHS related tasks as they arise to help support the sites.
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
• Reports to the VP, Site Operations
• Liaise with departments to support EHS needs
• The position will provide support to two sites so travel between sites will be required
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to reason, think logically, and make sound business decisions
• Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and see a project to conclusion
• Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Ability to maintain a position of neutrality and fairness between management and staff
• Attend internal or external H&S safety groups meeting to increase knowledge and skills
• Demonstrate patience and empathy. Ability to understand the needs of a diverse workforce
• Excellent attention to details and superior problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task in an extremely busy office.
• Extended periods of sitting/computer use, as well as occasional kneeling and crouching
• There will be light to moderate lifting on occasion to transport training materials, equipment and/or literature
• The environment this position will be exposed to will include general temperature and noise-controlled office environments etc.
Skills & Qualifications: (Education and Experience)
• Bachelor's degree in EHS based discipline and/or a related field and/or an acceptable combination of experience and qualifications as defined by Epocal
• Minimum of 5 years of experience the EHS management field required
• Familiarity with manufacturing operations in a regulated environment-Preferred
• Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations - JHSC certification
• Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) in progress or completed is an asset
• Strong knowledge of federal and international regulation in regulated manufacturing environment (i.e RoHS, REACH, WEEE etc.)
• Intermediate to Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) software
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca .
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca .
Back to top