Electrical Integration Designer
- Sacramento, CA
Siemens Mobility Rail Division has an immediate opening for an experienced Electrical Integration Engineer / Designer at their Sacramento, California Facility. The candidate will have the ability to support the design and production of our Locomotives, Coach Cars and Light Rail trains. We are looking for professionals with the drive to work in the high paced rail industry to build new and innovative designs for our future vehicles.
In this role, you will assist the Engineering Department personnel to ensure proper execution of the design, compliance with industry standards and customer specifications. Requires the ability to support production, revise design, improve and create complex circuits. Must be detail oriented and take ownership of projects. Must be able to work independently on projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal supervision.
- Execute (individually or as member of an engineering team) customized production orders under minimum supervision, utilizing industry standards and best engineering practices.
- such as SAP®. This includes the design of new components, modification of ELCAD (electrical CAD) circuits and Bill Of Material (BOM)'s, and incorporate field or customer-based changes.
- Prepare and release schematics using Elcad including connector BOM's
- The ability to perform components selection using components catalogs such as circuit breakers, cables, terminals, off the-shelves components with their associated characteristics.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 1 or more years of similar work experience (preferred)
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 or more years of similar work experience
• ELCAD 7.7.0 or higher or equivalent with 1 year of experience (completed coursework can be considered as experience). Will consider other Electrical CAD programs but the applicant will need to show examples of relate-able experience and willingness and ability to learn ELCAD. Electrical circuit design experience and willingness to use Elcad is essential.
- Circuit troubleshooting
- Circuit design
- Electro-mechanical integration
- Experience creating and editing bill of materials
- Releasing parts and BOM's using Engineering Change Order (ECO)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, interfacing with factory workers
- Experience with voltage class separation and mechanical protection of wires and cables
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
- Creating work instructions
- Creating and presenting designs for internal and external design reviews
- SAP® Experience (ECN, ECO, and ECR (engineering changes steps) process)
- Rolling Stock experience is a plus
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top