Closing date: 23rd October
Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Computer Science? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
Our Energy & Performance Services (EPS) GB&I business, within Siemens Smart Infrastructure, is embedded within the Solutions & Services unit. EPS is spearheading growth in the grid edge market where energy efficient and connected buildings meet the evolving grid environment. We help customers to reduce their energy consumption, to become more sustainable and to be more resilient in terms of energy supply. We develop and execute projects covering a variety of technologies in HVAC, energy generation and storage as well as manufacturing process-related equipment.
This role is due to start ASAP.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career.
Here is a taste of what you can expect:
- Liaise with wider EPS team to acquire and analyse gas and electricity consumption data
- Contact UK energy suppliers for market insight and to request additional customer data (where authorised)
- Support in developing an excel based model to largely automate the process of providing accurate long-term energy forecasts for customers
- Provides input into the solution design for EPS projects by applying expertise on markets, regulations, etc.
- Ensures continuous watch and overview of local market trends, changes in legislations/regulations, shift in technology, shift in political landscape etc.
- Develop an excel based model to accurately forecast long-term energy price trends
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in Economics or Data Science
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in use of Excel
- Has a basic understanding of the UK energy market
- Excellent analytical skills
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We're looking for hardworking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Data. Apply now and join Europe's leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £17,908 per annum. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time