Data Quality Manager
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization - from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO - to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we're reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It's no surprise that we're a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we're proud of what we've accomplished...and...we're humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
Are you the experienced Data Quality Manager to help create Mendix's analytics center of excellence? Do you have a good view on what an analytics center of excellence within a pioneering tech company should look like? Then we are looking for you.
What is our analytics center of excellence (CoE)?
Mendix has doubled in size in only a year and a half. As such, the need for analytics insights and automation are becoming increasingly important. The analytics center of excellence will be providing different business units with dedicated partners that create new analytics products and insights to improve the performance of their units and make the right decisions.
The COE is supported by a technical data engineering team who are responsible for the Mendix's data landscape (datalake & data warehouse). The CoE is still relatively small and currently consists of 4 analysts, 2 data engineers, and a data scientist. However analytics has been recognized as an incredibly important area of investment by Mendix's management. Therefor we will be hiring several new members in the CoE this year and hope to more than double the size of the team by the end of the year.
What job would you be applying for?
You should expect to become the 'go-to' person for data. Any person in the organization that has a question about data will probably end up with you and you need to be able to assist them or steer them in the right direction. We expect that you will establish data governance processes and frameworks in the organization that will truly empower the business to use data, instead of having conversations on whether this is 'good' or 'bad' data.
We are looking for someone that can partner up with the business. Mendix is a young and dynamic organization that does not have many established business processes or governance frameworks in place. It will be your challenge to help the business see the value of establishing these governance frameworks and to create them.
Mentoring people in the business as well as younger members of our CoE is an important part of your role. We are looking for people with new ideas and several years of experience that can help enrich the CoE and raise it to the next level.
Overview of activities:
- Establishing governance frameworks within Mendix that introduces data ownership within each business unit (responsibility and accountability);
- Establishing governance frameworks and processes around data creation, processing, and reporting within each business unit;
- Coordinating with stakeholders to gather, map, and document meta data from each business unit (master data management);
- Coordinating with stakeholders to create a clear overview of data flows between systems and data used in reporting;
- Setting standards for data quality and data accuracy for products created by the analytics CoE;
- Monitor and improve data quality and being able to identify and improve the reliability of the data;
- Being a key consulting stakeholder when the business has questions related to the internal data landscape;
- Identifying risks and solutions for projects where the internal data landscape is involved;
- Planning and creating the internal data landscape roadmap and strategy.
- You are a senior data professional that can help shape our new center of excellence. Our team of analysts is relatively young. Our organization is also new to data driven decision making. We are therefore looking for people that can bring industry best practices into the CoE and have several years of experience working in an agile work environment. If you have several years of experience in a variety of data related roles and you are eager to bring your experience in a young, thriving, and quickly scaling organization, then you are the person we are looking for!
- 5+ years' proven experience and excellent understanding of data administration, (master)data management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.), regulatory aspects (GDPR, HIPAA) and experience with FAIR, data governance and data stewardship principles;
- Experience with data processing languages or scripting languages such as: SQL, R or Python.
- You are a hands-on person with a "can do" mentality and you are not afraid to set up collaborations, make decisions, set priorities and put them into action in a dynamic environment;
- You are a critical thinker that is not afraid to challenge the business and move the organization to a new maturity level in data driven decision making;
- Experience with quickly learning about and familiarizing yourself with different business domains;
- Experience as a trusted advisor for data related questions or inquiries (the "go-to data person");
- Experience with working in an agile scrum environment;
- Experience with mentoring and/or teaching subject matter to colleagues;
- Able to speak fluent English;
- Speaking Dutch is a plus.
Personal character traits:
- A good understanding of business needs and the ability to act accordingly, taking measured risks into account and the ability to take the organization to a next maturity level.
- The ability to remain fully functional by adapting to changing circumstances (environment, procedures, people). Absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively.
- Assertiveness; the ability to bring one's views across clearly without damaging the relationship with stakeholders.
- Creativity; the ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- The ability to ask further with the ambition to deeply understand other perspectives and views in order to generate support.
If you don't comply with the following criteria please do not respond to this job offer:
•All technical requirements;
•Experienced as a trusted advisor for data related questions or inquiries;
•Experienced in challenging the business and moving the organization to a new maturity level in data driven decision making.
Get a taste of Mendix Blue culture and see the latest updates to our product by registering for our annual flagship event, Mendix World 2020 launching on September 1st. Attend live Q&A sessions with leaders from R&D, watch demos of the product in action, and meet the Makers who use Mendix everyday.
Registration link: www.mendix.com/mendix-world/?&utm_medium=sales&mxworld=mxrec&utm_campaign=GL-CE-2020-09-01-Mendix-World
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our "MendixBlue" guiding principles. Being "MendixBlue" means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It's kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first . Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always...you belong here.
We think big . We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term...you belong here.
We innovate . We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask "what if?" and work to find a way or make one...you belong here.
We nurture talent . We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you're up for learning from your failures...you belong here.
We hear every voice . Inflated egos don't last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win - regardless of who they come from...you belong here.
We own it . If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done...you belong here.
We have fun . We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we're happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do...you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you'll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company's existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we're backed by the resources and stability of one of the world's largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That's why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top