- London, United Kingdom
Here at Siemens Mobility Digital, we are at the forefront of innovation in rail transportation. Together with leaders in industrial data science and analytics, you will use your skills deliver digital solutions to improve the most eco-friendly mode of land transport. You will work in a stable, friendly and encouraging environment to deliver innovative high-quality products and services as part of an exciting and growing team.
We have ambitions to be the digital leader for public transport. To do this we need data engineers who can build scalable and reliable data pipelines, deploy applications and models to our cloud platform, and apply best practices to our development lifecycle. You will be joining an established team of data scientists and data engineers that build and manage the data services for Siemens Mobility UK.
You will take on complex data problems using a variety of the datasets ranging from real time diagnostic data streaming from our rolling stock to open source operational data provided by Network Rail. You will be motivated to deliver high quality data in an efficient and timely manner which will be used in products that improve customer experience. You will also have some interest in maintaining infrastructure on our cloud platform and be capable of deploying new applications to the appropriate components.
- Build scalable, reliable and efficient data pipelines.
- Deploy and maintain applications to our production environment.
- Keep up with best practices and trends in the wider data community.
- Research and prototype new tools that could yield benefits.
- Create accessible documentation for data sets and applications.
- Monitor applications and their infrastructure.
- Work with the team to improve code practice.
- Collaborate with platform teams and data teams.
- Advanced experience developing with Python
- Deep SQL knowledge.
- Experience developing with AWS services (EC2, EB, S3, Athena, Glue, etc) or other cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices (CI/CD, IaC, monitoring, etc.).
- Familiarity with containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, Fargate, etc.)
- Experience of Agile Development (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Proven success communicating with technical teams to meet requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or similar technical field) or relevant industry experience.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top