Corporate Application Engineer (m/f) - SISW - MG
- Puteaux, France
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Mentor is a Siemens Business Company and a technology leader in electronic design automation (EDA), providing software and hardware design solutions that enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. The company offers innovative products and solutions that help engineers overcome the design challenges they face in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design. Mentor Graphics has the broadest industry portfolio of best-in-class products and is the only EDA company with an embedded software solution.
• Proactively help customers quickly become productive with the Capital
• Introduce and drive the adoption of tools, features, enhancements, services, thus contributing to the continuous growth of customer support business
• Assist account teams with struggling customers
• Provide 1st line support for all tools in the Capital and VeSys Tool Suite
• Interface with customers and 2nd line support and provide feedback in both directions
• Engage with existing customers to understand and provide support andguidance for their design and manufacturing methodology and challenges
• Evaluation of customer specific enhancements in beta-state of the software
• Deliver Training for Capital, Capital Harness Classic and VeSys
• Regularly participate in meetings and conference calls with customers
• Help customers to achieve project deadlines by providing support by phone, by electronic means or on-site
• Work as part of the account team to develop solutions for customer issues and take an active role to communicate these solutions to the customer.
• Capture knowledge for web-based support systems
• Provide pro-active customer feedback into product marketing and engineering to drive improvement and future evolution of the product line
• Actively participate inmarketing and sales activities such as, workshops, seminars, etc.
• Provide customer advocacy and product supportability to influence product direction and quality
• Covering support focused on France and offering worldwide assistance
• Broad knowledge in the electrical system & wire harness domain
• Detailed understanding of the whole process of design, manufacture and service of harnesses
• Experience with Mentor Graphics Capital tools or other electrical system design tools/flows
• Knowledge of MCAD systems (e.g. NX, ProE, CATIA)
• System and database administration for Progress, Oracle and PostgreSQL installations and sys-admin trainings a plus
• Candidate must be self-motivated, be able to work independently but collaboratively and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving product and technical environment.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customers organizations while maintaining a company internal network of contacts
• Manage multipletasks and customer issues concurrently • Strong technical communication skills and presentation skills
• Strong project management and communication (written and verbal) skills • Ability and willingness to travel
• BSEE or BSME, 5+ years of electrical system (and/or electrical harness) design and manufacturing experience desired
• English / French
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (France) SARL
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top