Competence and Verification Manager
- Manchester, United Kingdom
We are recruiting a Competence and Verification Manager to join our Education and Skills team in Siemens Mobility. This critical role will require close engagement with the major customers and partners and coordination teams to ensure competence is maintained across Rail Infrastructure (RI).
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to work in a friendly team environment with responsibility for the Competence Management Systems for RI, including management of Sentinel scheme, NHSS sector scheme and Authority to Work (ATW). This role also includes internal verification of RI Apprentice portfolios and the leading of standardisation in this area.
Due to the nature of the role, there will be a requirement to travel 3-4 days a week to Siemens and apprentice sites, therefore we are happy to consider applications from across the UK.
What are your responsibilities
- Lead competence for the Sentinel for London Underground and Elizabeth Line and Transition to ROGS (Railway and Other Guided Transport Systems) projects.
- Responsible for the competence management systems for RI and ITS. Managing route to competence requirements and aligning Training and Competence
- Accountable for all Sentinel Management for Siemens Mobility Limited; overseeing sponsorship, D&A (Drugs & Alcohol), assisting where required in investigations.
- Jointly Responsible with the RI Business partner for all customer and projects route to competence, meeting client demands and ensuring the project commissions on time for our area of responsibly within Education and Skills
- Ensure compliance with Institution of Railway Signal Engineer (IRSE) licencing rules with oversight of the administration process for applications.
- RI competence lead - ATW, Certificate of Competency (COFC), Competence Profiles - Including regular reviews with key partners
- Liaise with RI's for new competence and route to competence alongside the RI business partner for Training.
- Engage in supplier competence audits
- Internal Verification of Rail Infrastructure Apprentice portfolios
- Jointly responsible with the SMO Business Partner's for key training and competence of external providers with accountability for expirable competencies.
What do you need to qualify for this job?
- Previous experience of managing Sentinel for a large multidisciplinary business
- Detailed understanding of the Sentinel Rules including managing breaches
- Detailed understanding of RTAS and NSAR
- Understanding of railway competence schemes such as CofC, ATW's and IRSE
- Previous experience carrying out Internal Verification in the workplace and hold V1 or equivalent
- Good understanding of Apprentice Standards
- Ideally have experience working with Learning Management Systems such as Moodle or Onefile
- Be dependable and be able to organise your own work to ensure all deadlines are met
- Demonstrate strong organisation and communication skills
- People management experience
We're Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top