- Reigate, United Kingdom
If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to make a difference.
As a Commercial Manager you will be joining our Rolling Stock team based at Three Bridges, Crawleywith an element of flexible working. You will be responsible for the train/depot maintenance contracts that are part of the government sponsored Thameslink Programme and will work in a motivated and driven commercial team. You will work in partnership with the project management team and other stakeholders to ensure effective contract management and financial performance.
What are my responsibilities?
- Contract management and analysis; drive fulfilment of requirements whilst ensuring the best operational / commercial outcomes for the project and Siemens; negotiation of any arising contract Disputes with Customer.
- Preparation and calculation of outgoing Variation Proposals, analysis of incoming Variation Proposals, negotiating with Customer.
- Correspondence management with Customer and Suppliers in accordance with documented contractual processes.
- Identification and preparation of Additional Services and Claims and negotiating settlements with Customer / Suppliers.
- Risk & Opportunity management; drive ownership among project management team for mitigation of risks and realisation of opportunities.
- Maintenance of accurate and up-to-date Percentage of Completion models for multiple large and complex projects.
- Oversee finance processes (forecast, budget, month-end closing); ensure Financial Statements comply with Siemens guidelines and local GAAP.
- Provision of accurate and timely management information to project management, Finance function and local and divisional HQs.
- Work closely with project managers and operational colleagues to support process and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Drive innovation / digitisation initiatives within the commercial function and the project.
What experience and qualification do I need to apply?
- Prior experience in a commercial role
- Experience working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams.
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Part or Qualified accountant, CIMA or equivalent preferable.
- Technically proficient in contractual terms and conditions.
- Experience of working in SAP (Spiridon or similar).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top