- At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking an advanced software engineer to contribute to the development of Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a highly scalable, general purpose, multi-physics application that provides an end-to-end user experience with integrated CAD, meshing, physics modeling and in situ post processing tools.
This opening is part of the Cloud Environment team, responsible for the development of our cloud-based solutions. It is an exciting opportunity providing on demand access to HPC resources, lowering the barrier for customers to run our market leading, multi-physics simulations at scale.
The team is seeking someone who has expertise in AWS cloud solutions. The successful candidate will manage and monitor AWS accounts, respond to security threats, build health monitoring infrastructure, and guide the development group on best (existing and emerging) cloud technologies.
The position reports to the Cloud Environment program manager as part of the Web Framework division of the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Platform department.
- Collaborate closely as part of a large, distributed team of developers, testers, and managers.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team conference calls to contribute ideas to drive innovation in our technology, and to communicate project status
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and BitBucket, GitLab
- Participate in peer-based code and design reviews.
- Administer internal and customer-facing AWS accounts.
- Contribute to the architecture and design as we migrate on-premise applications to a cloud environment
- Mentor team members on existing and emerging cloud technologies
- Maintain and monitor the security of the deployed services
- Development of monitoring systems to proactively identify issues
- Participate in root cause analysis
- Participate in the CI/CD infrastructure
- Master's Degree or commensurate experience in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in AWS cloud platform
- 3+ years of professional experience with DevOps concepts, code deployment processes, microservices, serverless architectures
- Experience in Java, Ruby, or C++.
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews (Git, BitBucket, IDE's, etc.)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and to present data concisely.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional certification
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification
- Experience developing solutions on Azure and/or Alibaba
- Familiarity with both Linux & Windows
- AWS, VPC, IAM, EC2, Lambda, S3, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudFormation
- HPC, Splunk, DynamoDB, FarGate, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, REST, GraphQL
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time