Cloud Security Engineer - Remote US
- Boston, MA
Siemens Government Technologies is seeking a self-motivated Cloud Security Engineer who is able to work well with minimal supervision in a team environment, consult with team members and management as needed.
In this highly visible and critical role, you will be leading complex security engagements as a Cloud Security Engineer with the Information Security team. You will interface with various stakeholders to ensure AWS security, privacy, and compliance requirements are addressed through security tools, policies, and technologies.
- Install, configure, integrate, and train others on security solutions in the cloud
- Define and implement appropriate policies for AWS security solutions
- Provide findings and recommendations in the following areas: NIST Policy, FEDRAMP and Cybersecurity
- Conduct security assessments to identify areas of risk and ensure any gaps are remediated
- Own security architecture in the Cloud in collaboration with other team members and functional areas
- Assist in investigation and remediation of security incidents and issues
- Consult on and provide security requirements for critical projects and initiatives
- Conduct security risk assessments, planning, policy reviews, gap analysis, status/progress reports and action plans
- Conduct technical research when necessary to contribute to cloud security direction and strategy planning
- Prior managed services experience preferred
- Develop positive partnerships and work closely with other members and stakeholders to align and execute infrastructure changes in a secure manner to support the organization's tools, apps, and processes
- Work closely with the DevOps, System support engineer to provide guidance on security weaknesses in the cloud environment
- Review security controls and configuration requirements including secure network design, database access, security testing, authentication methods, implementation of encryption, privilege management, logging, input validation, secure storage design and secure data transfer
- Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security
- May participate in simulated attacks or security violations to assess the organization's data security measures
- Cloud security experience in AWS
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as code (E.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation Templates)
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies, IAM roles, Secured Network Architectures, and CIS foundation best practice
- Able to directly work and support our managed service's team by providing technical expertise to maintain the security requirements and compliance
- Good understanding of automation using AWS Cloud Formation, CloudTrail, GuardDuty, Config, Inspector, CloudWatch, IAM, or KMS AWS- Inspector, AWS Macie, and Container Security etc.
- Knowledge of the National Institute of Standards and Technology's (NIST) standards and as applicable, the Cybersecurity Framework
- Well-versed in associated reference document such as "SP 800-37 / NIST SP 800-53 / NIST SP 800-171, FIPS Publication 199, FedRAMP security requirements, and Cloud Security Alliance
- Ability to learn and adapt to new concepts and technologies quickly
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, or another related field; or an associate degree plus four (4) years of related IT experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with AWS, network security, and system security development.
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional)
- Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top