At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Cloud Operations Team Manager
The Siemens PLM Innovation and Research team is looking for a passionate Cloud Operations Manager to support the next generation of PLM software products running in the cloud. As a key member Digital Industries Software Organization, you will have the unique opportunity to drive a team to shape, build, and operate the cloud infrastructure supporting SaaS product offerings from Siemens while getting hands on experience integrating with many Siemens PLM products.
You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced, and innovation is encouraged. At Siemens, everyone can positively impact millions of customers and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
Siemens is a high growth organization working on many products and software changing the world. Be part of this fantastic new opportunity and inspiring culture of relentless innovation towards Ingenuity for Life.
The person in this role will be responsible for directing and coordinating a Cloud Operations team by managing the administration, uptime, performance, service level agreements, operational plans, security and compliance, and incident response for Siemens cloud services and apps in a multi-region, 24x7, mission-critical, enterprise environment.
Job tasks include:
- Manage the team operating the system infrastructure for microservices and apps running in cloud test and production environments following Agile Scrum and Lean style of management
- Maintain operations policies & procedures; including security; disaster recovery; monitoring and customer communications
- Provide high quality of service 24/7 to Siemens global customer base; including proactive monitoring and response to support issues; monitor customer satisfaction and optimize service delivery to ensure support level agreements
- Ensure cloud operations are performed to applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Manage and plan infrastructure & resource costs to defined budgets
- Identify and implement cost savings opportunities through automation and optimizing resource utilization
- Conducts security assessments, security authorizations, and evaluations of applications and systems processing sensitive; and assesses technology to ensure that security vulnerabilities are identified and remediated
- Develops and maintains IT security documentation, including system security plan, risk assessment, contingency plan, incident response plan, IT security policies and procedures, etc.
- Monitor networking, firewalls, security policies, routing, failover, HA/backup/restore, disaster recovery, cloud storage, security trends and patches/updates, monitoring tools, scale testing and cloud application deployment
- Define and implement ops reporting and support dashboards & manage platform operations support
- Manage and develop automation to support zero-downtime infrastructure changes across multiple globally distributed systems
- Define, implement, manage, and improve operational support processes
- Manage and participate in operational coverage amongst operation team members
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent experience; MIS or related field and MBA is a plus
- 3+ years managing a cloud IT operations team, administrating and managing Linux/Windows systems for production, test, and development environments
- Strong communication skills to work with leadership, commercial teams and customers
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent, demonstrated process management skills; project and goal oriented
- Personable, approachable, and readily accepting of change; able to work cohesively with a variety of talented individuals within the organization
- Managing the operations infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- AWS certified SysOps Administrator
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment including during disaster recovery/crisis situations
- Ability to keep up to date with trends in Cloud service delivery and update department practices to remain competitive
- Experience with Terraform, Terragrunt, CloudFormation
- Agile and DevOps process and mindset
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .