Cloud Operation Engineer
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization - from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO - to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we're reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It's no surprise that we're a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we're proud of what we've accomplished...and...we're humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
Do you like solving complex issues and operational incidents on our Low Code Cloud Platform? Then read on!
The Mendix Cloud team is responsible for delivering a high quality, high availability Cloud environment where our customers can run their Mendix apps. We develop and run the Mendix Cloud infrastructure and services that offer deployment, operations and monitoring.
We have multiple positions available, so if you are the brilliant Junior, Medior or Senior Cloud Operations Engineer we're looking for, join now!
You'll help drive digital innovation by:
- Solving operational issues for our customers, by both investigating technically and liaising between Mendix Support (1st line) and 3rd line support: our SRE, R&D and Expert Services teams;
- Continuously improve our level of automation and self service, by hands-on by producing code yourself as well as by working with other teams to specify features that they will develop;
- Providing out of hours support for critical customer issues on a stand-by basis;
- Improving the reliability of our systems and automating common procedures with an SRE mindset;
- Monitoring customer and our own apps running on our infrastructure;
- Working with state-of-the-art technology: AWS, Kubernetes & Cloud Foundry.
You're the innovator we need if you have:
- Experience as a system administrator with a DevOps mindset or very strong 3rd line technical support with a desire to make a next step;
- Automation tooling - Terraform , Cloudformation, etc.;
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Bash, Python;
- Experience with logging & monitoring tools like- Grafana, Kibana, Datadog, Prometheus, etc.;
- The ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that is accessible to non-technical customers/colleagues;
- Passion for Cloud technology and strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- A solid foundation/experience with Linux systems;
- A deep understanding of Cloud architecture/deployment and infrastructure services like web servers, load balancing, SSL/TLS/X509 etc.;
- A service oriented mind and strong communication skills;
- EU passport OR you live in the Netherlands.
Get a taste of Mendix Blue culture and see the latest updates to our product by registering for our annual flagship event, Mendix World 2020 launching on September 1st. Attend live Q&A sessions with leaders from R&D, watch demos of the product in action, and meet the Makers who use Mendix everyday.
Registration link: www.mendix.com/mendix-world/?&utm_medium=sales&mxworld=mxrec&utm_campaign=GL-CE-2020-09-01-Mendix-World
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our "MendixBlue" guiding principles. Being "MendixBlue" means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It's kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first . Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always...you belong here.
We think big . We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term...you belong here.
We innovate . We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask "what if?" and work to find a way or make one...you belong here.
We nurture talent . We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you're up for learning from your failures...you belong here.
We hear every voice . Inflated egos don't last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win - regardless of who they come from...you belong here.
We own it . If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done...you belong here.
We have fun . We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we're happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do...you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you'll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company's existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we're backed by the resources and stability of one of the world's largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That's why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top