Who are we ?
We at Siemens Mobility are committed to helping our customers globally to succeed in today's dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done - because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately for mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence - leading-edge transportation technologies and services - we don't stop there. We are also deeply invested in our worldwide employees with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry.
Today, Siemens Mobility in Saudi Arabia is looking to hire a CIS PA/PIS Engineer to join our team in Riyadh.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Liaison with all parties concerned to ensure successful test, commissioning and integration of the PA/VA and the PIS system.
- Testing and commissioning of PA/VA and PIS systems according to SCT/SSIT/DSIT procedures
- Final customer acceptance of PA/VA and PIS systems according to SAT Procedures
- Test using V&V methodology
- PA/VA system and PIS system integration and testing with Rail Com manager and SCADA
- Interface integration with Fire and Life Safety
- Troubleshooting interface, networks and drivers relating to the overall PA/VA and PIS systems
- Participate in ITP witnessing as and when directed
- Management of version and configuration control
- Follow the schedule and targets set in order to finish the works on time
- Prepare and review Loudspeaker Location drawings
- Prepare and review Loudspeaker Circuit Wiring drawings
- Prepare and review System Schematic drawings
- Prepare and review Cable/Asset schedules including voltage-drop calculations
- Modify and update PA/PIS System Configurations
- Assess minor asset location changes due to site conditions
- Assist with site activities including hardware modifications, system firmware updates and configuration management
- Attend internal and external meetings to discuss both progress and technical issues
- Report daily progress and any incidents or accidents
- Be safety conscious in terms of Method Statements and safe systems of works
- Report any snagging items or T&C defects for inclusion in the Master Snag List
- Deal with any site-specific queries, escalating where appropriate
- Produce reports and plans in line with Siemens and contract requirements
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Degree Educated or similar in Electronics, Acoustics or Communications Engineering
- Five years or more work experience on PA/VA, PA/GA or Communications Test & Commissioning projects or similar
- Experienced in acoustic design and 100V line systems
- Experienced in dealing with installation and commissioning teams
- Knowledge and experience in reading and understanding designs, installation principles, NFPA standards
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English language
- Experience of installing, testing and commissioning PA/VA systems (ASL equipment knowledge an advantage)
- Working knowledge and experience of installing, testing and commissioning PIS systems
- Auto-CAD experience beneficial
- Experienced in working in a multicultural environment
- Team-oriented, proactive with good communication and interpersonal skills
What else do you need to know ?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need skilled and dedicated professionals to develop tomorrow 's reality. Find out more about the Mobility world of Siemens Saudi Arabia here: https://www.mobility.siemens.com/sa/en.html
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time