C/C++ Software Developer - Embedded Systems
- Cluj-Napoca, Romania
The Transmission systems need to live up to new challenges in the wake of decarbonization, decentralization, and digitalization. High-voltage direct current (HVDC) technology offers the most efficient means of transmitting large amount of power over long distances, help connect green power to the grid, and stabilize three-phase-grids. Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) are the perfect solution for increasing the reliability of AC grids, improving power quality, and boosting transmission efficiency.
We are tasked with the design and development of tools and utilities as part of a heterogeneous application engineering ecosystem for the HVDC and FACTS domain. The department is heavily invested in the area of software platform architecture, development and digitalization to empower our engineering teams to deliver customer projects as fast and reliable as possible.
Energy Transmission Solutions - What do we offer?
- You will be part of a highly professional team, working with future driven technologies on innovative software products
- Close collaboration between colleagues, also remotely through video calls and dashboard tools
- Besides an agile, vibrant working environment and many more benefits, you will have a chance to grow with the product
- You will part of a team designing and implementing tools and services around the Control & Protection Software
- You are responsible for building code generators to translate Simulink models into executable code for specific hardware or software targets
- You are responsible for implementing Co-Simulation solutions between different simulation environments (Matlab/Simulink, Manitoba PSCAD, etc.)
- You are responsible for implementing Debug & Diagnosis Services by instrumenting existing code and writing target specific drivers for this purpose
- Give input on possible directions of future development
- Communicate and coordinate with the team and external collaborators
- You successfully completed a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or comparable
- You have more than three years with real world programming experience
- You are highly experienced in C / C++ and according libraries (i.e. Boost)
- Knowledge and experience in object-oriented software development, software design
- Experience with MATLAB / Simulink is considered a plus
- You are open to new software patterns and programming languages
- You are familiar with using GIT as version control system
- You bring analytical skills, initiative and problem-solving attitude along
- You have experience of working in an agile team and excellent communication skills
- You are fluent in English.
We're Siemens, a collection of great minds who are all making the future. You could be one of us!
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. The division in Brasov, Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest is the competence center for research, software development, IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies.
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top