CBTC RAMS Manager - Rail Infrastructure
- Mckeesport, PA
Do you have a passion for Functional Safety? Do you enjoy working hand-in-hand with hardworking designers to deliver safe solutions meeting customer needs? Are you an advocate for process alignment who ensures that the job gets done right? Do you want to join an Engineering company which offers many growth opportunities nationally and internationally? We do, and we'd love to have you join our team!
We incorporate RAMS management to lead specific CBTC application projects, through RAMS planning over requirement clarification, monitoring design, software and hardware modifications and corrections, factory and field test monitoring, cut-over safety analysis, safety case to independent safety assessment.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World's Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Prepare and execute project safety plans in line with Siemens standards and practices. Including to ensure that vital documents (hazard analyses, fault tree analyses, safety cases, etc.) are available for approvals
- Provide evidences of the compliance with system requirements with regards to reliability, availability, maintainability and safety using customer requirements and regulatory guidelines
- Perform RAM and Safety Analyses, FMEA and FTA to identify faults within the systems and operations
- Support project execution by coordinating safety activities with the Project Manager, Systems Engineers, Independent Safety Assessors, Suppliers and Customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BSc. / MSc. In Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences or similar field
- 5-10 years proven experience as a RAMS engineer, or RAMS manager for sophisticated and safety-critical Railroad, Nuclear Plant, Aerospace and\or Automotive systems
- Minimum of 5 years on the job experience with following techniques: FMECA, FTA, PHA, Hazard Logs
Hands-on knowledge of:
- CBTC Systems and CENELEC standards (EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129)
- Knowledge of safety-critical software development per EN50128
- Experience with Interface Hazard Analysis (EN50159)
- Experience with handling Safety Related Application Conditions or Safety Application Rules
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- RAMS relevant standards (IEEE-1483, IEEE-1474, MIL-882, IEC-61508, MIL-217)
- RAMS experience with at least 2 of the following: CBTC, Signaling, CBTC-Signaling interface, CBTC-RS interface
- Railroad operational experience
- Critical thinking
- Different management styles
- Working in an international environment
- Relationship with legal authorities
- Foreign languages: French, Spanish
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life - we embrace diversity and build what's right for the world by employing people who live in it. That's how you create change.
Trusted by our partners, we are pioneering transportation, moving people sustainably and seamlessly from the first mile to the last.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top