Business Development Manager, Data & Network Security (IT/OT Convergence)
- Bangkok, Thailand
In the past, industrial networks where based on proprietary protocols and software, managed and monitored by humans with no connection to the outside world. This created a secure network which hackers were unable to interface and attack with nothing to gain or destroy. In addition, OT and IT were not integrated and did not deal with the same kinds of vulnerabilities.
Today, it's a very different story as we see more industrial systems brought online to deliver big data and smart analytics as well as adopt new capabilities and efficiencies through technological integrations. IT-OT convergence gives organizations a single view of industrial systems together with process management solutions that ensure accurate information is delivered to people, machines, switches, sensors and devices at the right time and in the best format. When IT and OT systems work in harmony, new efficiencies are discovered, systems can be remotely monitored and managed and organizations can realize the same security benefits that are used on administrative IT systems.
This transition from closed to open systems has generated a slew of new security risks that need to be addressed.
Siemens Industrial Communication deliver operational hardware and software technology enabling our client to have a single view to monitor and control their physical hardware. Industrial communication devices DCS / SCADA systems or electrical systems are intelligently protected by our specially engineered solutions through utilization of Siemens' aggregate level integrated security interface. This allows for process management in manufacturing plants to function more accurately without disruptions from external treats and attacks.
The successful candidate plays a vital role in providing technically accurate solutions and value propositions to our existing install bases as well as green field projects in network & data security for a variety of clients by ensuring compliance, standard business procedures and measures to safeguard the best interest of the organization.
What are my responsibilities?
- Performs strategic planning and analysis and prepares summaries, and/or performs operational activities enabling the exploitation of (vertical and product) markets.
- Performs project coordination in assigned projects and supplies information for the development of new strategies.
- Performs analysis of strategic business segments, evaluates opportunities for new or existing Siemens products in new markets, channels or customer target groups.
- Performs the management and coordinates the activities of external vendors
- Contributes to the development of a unit business strategy.
- Manages the development of strategic planning tools and provides and reviews consolidated business forecasts.
- Collects portfolio requirements across the regional sales force.
- Contributes to various projects with a strategic perspective.
- Drives and monitors key business development programs.
- Supports with the assigned organization and collaboration within and across Siemens units
- Supports effectiveness of sales organizations via strategic initiatives / projects.
- Solid understanding of network solutions and how to improve the efficiency of current networks
- Experience in NG firewalls, routing, switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Technical background on network performance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and reporting.
- Technical background in network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WLAN, Cloud Infrastructure, Security
- Engineering degree required.
- Security certifications
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols and addressing schemes, i.e., TCP/IP functions, CIDR blocks, subnets, addressing, communications, layer 2, NetFlow, etc.
- Experience supporting Security Information and Event Management products
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
- Ability to support and work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Understanding of risk management principles in all aspects of IT and ICS Security preferred
- Experience with and ability to maintain confidentiality of data.
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top