- London, United Kingdom
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We're looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Regional Solutions and Services division as a Building Management Systems (BMS) Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
This is a fantastic role for a BMS Engineer professional, who has had hands on experience from design to installation of BMS systems. In this exciting opportunity you will design the solution during the offering phase and act as lead engineer during execution phase.
The role will involve travel to Siemens sites and customer locations mostly around Central London and across the UK.
It's incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that's why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee's development, whether that's Chartership, training or mentoring.
Change the future with us.
Key to your role as the BMS Engineer will involve supporting the organisation to implement an efficient and competitive delivery model for our BMS solution, known as comfort, in UK. Other responsibilities will include:
- During sales phase act as Solution Designer BMS / Comfort proposing a state-of-art solution to fulfil customer requirements considering the competitive landscape and maximizing the Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) wall-to-wall profitability.
- Translate customer requirements into technical solution based mainly on SI comfort portfolio Desigo PX, Desigo CC, Simatic S7, Desigo Room Automation etc.
- During execution phase, act as senior engineer delivering high quality documentation including system architecture, high level design and detail functional description including control strategy, sequence of operation etc.
- During project execution support project manager to coordinate and supervise the activities provided by local partners and central organisation like GeCC
- Be single point of contact of GeCC for programming, graphics, documentation etc.
- Solve technical issues during project execution
- Understand the local market and what is offered by competitors to support sale organization to create an efficient sales strategy
- Having good understanding about portfolio of main competitors i.e. TREND
- Understand needs, develop alternatives and negotiate / promote preferred solutions (Technical Consulting)
- Develop "playbook" (technical solution, pricing, delivery model, logistics, etc.)
- Experience in providing BMS and Control Systems building services including design, maintenance, installation and repair.
- Experience in HVAC / BMS with programming and site experience.
- Experience of using MS Office suite and Autocad.
- Degree in Industrial Automation engineering or equivalent or equivalent level of experience.
- Ability to commission to a high standard, correcting problems with initial installation.
- Ability to understand wiring diagrams and O&M Documentation.
- Experience of working under strict Health & Safety procedures including risk assessments and method statements.
What else do I need to know?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top