Biostatistician - Statistician
- Norwood, MA
Data Analysis and Simulation Professional
Statistician / Biostatistician
Conducts statistical studies to generate data and insights used to innovate, plan and support improved healthcare. Prepares analysis plans to ensure the best statistical methods are developed and utilized. Writes specifications for files, consistency checks, tables, and calculations used to collect and analyzes data from a variety of sources. Interprets analyses and prepares exhibits for reports and presentations. Interfaces with non-technical users to assist with data interpretation and understanding of results. Reports directly to the Director of Biostatistics and Data Management.
• Review protocols and recommend appropriate statistical analysis
• Author statistical analysis plans
• Analyze in-vitro diagnostics clinical trial data
• Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to regulatory agencies
• Perform sample size / power calculations
• Prepare derived datasets for analysis using SAS
• Program statistical analyses in SAS
• Perform complex statistical analyses
• Prepare and deliver reports for interim and final analyses
• Provide statistical advice to R&D and Manufacturing
• Identify relationships and trends in data
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics or related field
• Working knowledge of SAS programming language
• 2-3 years of experience in applied statistics
• Ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
• Approximately 5% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Master's Degree in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics or related field
• 2 years of work experience in the medical device industry
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements for clinical trials
• 2 years experience programming in SAS
• Knowledge of CLSI Guidelines
• Knowledge of SQL, SQL Server, Data Mining
• Knowledge of Machine Learning
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top