- Poole, United Kingdom
A member of the Bids and Tendering department, reporting to the Head of Tendering, the Bid Writer will work closely with all disciplines within the team and the wider business, to support the delivery of high quality, winning bids.
The Tendering function is a centralised bidding team that is responsible for the delivery of bids for Siemens Intelligent Systems UK business, ensuring appropriate levels of governance and accuracy is applied to a winning strategy. Our company portfolio is extensive and diverse and covers Traffic Management Systems, Electric Vehicle Charging, Traffic Enforcement and Connected Mobility delivering a wide range of benefits to private and public companies in the UK and overseas.
What are my responsibilities?
- Communicating our business capability and plans in compelling bid documentation to make our customer choose us to be their partner and recognise our quality in the scoring we receive
- Contributing to and implementing winning bid strategies by ensuring all team members are aware of win strategies and these are effectively communicated in our written responses
- Preparation, review, editing and coordination of compelling tender documentation ensuring high levels of consistency and quality, that captures our offer, provides an accurate baseline for a future project, incorporates lessons learned, and mitigates company risks
- Work with Subject Matter Experts - SME's to challenge, refine and improve compliant winning bid responses that clearly articulate the key benefits and value proposition
- Relentless focus on the development of our bid writing process and tools to maximise bidding efficiency. Using lessons learned to drive a continuous improvement culture and identifying digital tools to improve bid efficiency
- Forecasting requirements for writing resources and managing those resources across our bid portfolio to ensure we deliver consistently high scoring responses
- Influencing and negotiating with people at all levels, including providing progress reports to management
- Responsible for identifying and training Subject Matter Experts who can produce consistently high scoring responses
- Collaborating across Siemens to learn from best practise
- Production of presentations (internal and external to the client) up to board level
- Supporting and or facilitating the Storyboarding process
- Support to our Regional teams will require some UK travel from time to time depending on tender requirements
- Contribute content to a bid library containing boilerplate responses
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Significant bid writing experience in an engineering project-based business
- Possess a good understanding of the way in which projects are managed and delivered in order to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e. project management, finance, engineering, planning, delivery and commercial inputs
- Possesses sufficient experience and stature to interface effectively with project managers and snr business managers, in order to provide appropriate support to tender teams
- A pro-active high achiever with high energy levels, who is used to prioritising workload and working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines
- Microsoft Office 365 applications (ideally Professional Certification)
- Exceptionally high standard of written and spoken communication skills
We're Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top