Battery Simulation Technical Expert- SISW PLM
- Orlando, FL
Battery Simulation Technical Expert-SISW-PLM
* This position is available in any US Siemens location.
Siemens Digital industries is seeking a battery technical specialist, member of the Technology Office within the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ organization. This role primarily serves as a technology and industry expert in battery cells, focused on simulation needs in electrified powertrain area. The position consists in supporting the product management organization driving the development of our solution in this crucial area, in working closely with e-Powertrain industry and Simcenter STAR-CCM+ product managers, as well as application specialists and development leads to ensure that our product offering remains at the forefront of this rapidly-evolving area of technology.
In order to best help drive product development, and in addition to the expertise in designing battery cells, this role must have strong interpersonal and communication skills to be most effective.
Primary job functions include:
• Providing technical guidance on new technology for batteries in e-Powertrain applications
• Providing modeling guidance for electro-thermal, chemical, and structural simulations for battery cells/packs from conceptual design through detailed 3D Multiphysics simulations
• Prototyping battery simulation methodologies and developing best practices within Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and related products
• Representing Siemens as a technical expert for batteries in customer engagements
• Building Siemens reputation in the field through consortia, conferences, and other public engagements
• A Master's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline with 7-10 years of experience. Ph.D. in a relevant area is a strong plus.
• Experience in CAE tools/methods for battery simulation required (Simcenter Battery Design Studio and/or Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a benefit). Other relevant software includes COMSOL, ANSYS Fluent, GT AutoLion, etc.
• Industrial experience with electrified powertrain design analysis/simulation at major automotive OEMs or Tier 1 suppliers is a benefit.
• Effective communication skills; Fluent in English as a primary/secondary language (speaking/writing).
• A strong team player and creative thinker who can work with multi-cultural, dispersed technical teams.
• Analytical thinker with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
#LI-AA1, # LI-PLM
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top