Believe theres more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to collge or university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you'll gain a qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
We have expertise in many areas of Technology including Communication Information Systems, helping people get from A to B every single day, safely.This role is based within Siemens Rail Infrastructure, whose client portfolio includes Network Rail, Docklands Light Railway and London Underground, and we are actively involved in projects for Crossrail, Qatar Education City, East Coast Main Line, Edinburgh Trams, Storebaelt and Interconnector.
We are recruiting school/college leavers to join our higher apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in engineering. You will to get to know us from the inside and see how we can make a difference to society.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 3 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Networks Engineer standard, and earn your formal qualification in networks engineering.
As a Mobility Higher Apprentice, you will rotate across the different mobility functions. This will enable you to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to complete your apprenticeship standard and meet the predicted future talent requirements of the business. By the end of it you'll have gained fantastic knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Supporting network testing elements for offsite and onsite activities.
- Work on real projects which may include Operational and Retail Communications Systems and utilise Root Cause Analysis processes when solving problems.
- Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
- Technically understanding our customer requirements and then ensuring that solutions are designed and implemented in a methodical manner under the supervision of an engineering team
- Support the engineering team to deliver high quality technical and engineering solutions for large multi-disciplined projects for clients related to Control and Information systems, primarily in the rail sector.
- Ensure products or projects are delivered in accordance with Siemens safety and quality/testing procedures and meet all applicable legislation and project requirements.
- Be a valued member within a team of Early Careers (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to executive management. It provides you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
- Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
We will also expect you to finish the elements of the structured learning plan, attendance to all performance evaluations, rotations across the business as well as developing your professional competence throughout.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You will have a minimum of 3 A-levels (or BTEC equivalent) at C or above in maths and other STEM related subjects
- Flexible with excellent communication and methodological skills
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to relocate and travel. This apprenticeship is rotational, and we want you to experience the different sites and areas of our business, so each placement will be in different UK locations.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions and you have excellent time management and organisation skills
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- We also want you to show willingness to work on-site nationally and/or travel overseas.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college and get your qualification debt-free whilst earning a salary of £16,000 per annum at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Have the chance to get to know each Mobility division through the rotational element of your apprenticeship - Siemens will help to fund each placement away from home.
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We're looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Telecommunications. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time