Applications Engineering Consultant (EDA) - Fremont, CA - SISW-EDA 205015
- Fremont, CA
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The primary purpose is working with sales and the field technical team members to help lead, define, and implement the technical engagements that support sales campaigns.
- Drive products into customer projects through to adoption by creating methodology and flows; this may include infrastructure and integration into a customer's environment and the identification of pilot projects for tool use and the debugging and bring-up of new methodologies and flows.
- Develop close relationships with customers through as many levels as possible, to be able to assess their technical and business requirements. Identify the options/ability for Mentor's flows/solutions to develop and implement technical sales plans.
- Uncover or qualify new opportunities, the technical viability of a lead and strategize the opportunity clearly with the sales team.
- To share, in a proactive manner, account, evaluation, competitor, technology and other useful information with peers, sales teams, management and product divisions to help us to compete more effectively.
- Provide technical leadership for assigned accounts
- Other reasonable actions not named, which are required by management or leadership.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BSEE or BSCS required; MSEE desired
- 6 to 15 years of experience as an Applications Engineer or related field
- Digital design experience and RTL coding with Verilog or VHDL or both.
- Simulation and verification expertise.
- Proven track record of Design for Test for ASIC design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tcl language and programming concepts.
- Command of Microsoft Office products
- Ideal candidate has experience with Siemens EDA DFT products
- Project management experience
- Normal office environment.
- Experience with design, simulation, verification of ASIC/VLSI/SoC circuits and systems, design verification and product test generation preferred. In-depth understanding of Design for Test (DFT) structures is required. This includes scan based testing, Scan Compression, Memory BIST, Logic BIST, and Boundary Scan (1149.1 and .6). Knowledge of scan data compression methodologies is required.
- Great communication written and verbal; influencing, teamwork, and diplomacy skills
- Demonstrable drive and commitment
- Adaptability, dedication, persistence, and assertiveness
- Marketing-related knowledge
- Understands basic sales tactics
- Familiarity with business and financial terminology
- High energy, effective presentation skills
- Has a Global perspective
- Able to communicate at all levels both internally and at the customer
- Problem solving skills
- Self-starter, that can work independently of the team
- Can apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues. Works on problems of wide and undefined scope and brings scope to them.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Willing to develop deep product knowledge for the Silicon Test Solutions products and has the competent technical skills to support the products.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top