Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronicdesign automation software. The Solido team in Saskatoon develops and supportssome of Siemens EDA's most advanced, machine-learning-enabled software. Topsemiconductor companies and foundries around the world use our software todevelop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and morecost-effectively, pushing the boundaries of technology and physics in order todeliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip design.
The Applications Engineer works directly with Siemens EDAcustomers to help grow the adoption and use of Siemens' Solido software intheir simulation, characterization, and verification flows. This positioncombines technical depth with strong communication skills and an appreciationfor the business value delivered by Siemens EDA products.
The Applications Engineer manages multiple customerengagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships.This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first orsecond level management as well. The Applications Engineer must align closelywith the account team to help them meet and exceed quotas as they proactivelymanage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning anddeveloping solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in productrevenue growth. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, andR&D organizations.
No prior experience in the semiconductor industry or as anApplications Engineer is required. You will receive on the job training to helpyou develop all the domain skills you need. Experience with any of thefollowing skills is an asset:
- Library characterization, Liberty data, orstatic timing analysis (STA).
- SPICE simulation, Monte Carlo simulations,statistical analysis, or analog cell design environments.
- Cell-level IP QA, or any of the circuit designand analysis steps required from synthesis through to RTL.
- Experience with electronic design automationsoftware.
- Linux, Python, or Tcl.
As an Applications Engineer, you work with account teams todrive adoption of Siemens' Solido products (Solido Variation Designer, SolidoCharacterization Suite, Solido Crosscheck). This includes, but is not limitedto, the following activities:
- Work together with technology experts at majorsemiconductor companies to understand their challenges and help them use Solidoproducts to solve those challenges.
- Illustrate the value Siemens EDA brings tocustomers by assisting them in their evaluations of Siemens' Solido software;developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations;performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
- Execute on pre-sales and post-sales technicalactivities, including assessments of how company products meet customer needs,the preparation of product specifications for development and installation ofcustomized applications/solutions, and technical support for salespresentations and product demonstrations.
- Drive business for Solido products, usingtechnical expertise and working directly with customers at the appropriatemanagement level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
- Assist technical teams, including SolidoR&D, to establish value for Solido products and differentiate from thecompetition.
- Work closely with Solido R&D to addresscustomer feedback and requests.
- Contribute towards the product technical salesplan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management onprogress and account status.
The successful candidate will have the followingqualifications:
- Degree in electrical engineering, computerengineering, computer science, physics, or similar field, with minimum 75% orequivalent average grade in undergraduate program.
- Excellent communication skills (both written andverbal), and strong customer service skills. Ability to communicate and presentcomplex technical concepts and make them accessible to avariety of differentaudiences.
- Strong problem solving and debugging ability, aswell as the ability to adapt and think on your feet.
- Flexible to work with customers in differenttime zones from around the world.
- Availability and desire to travel as needed tothe US, Asia, and/or Europe.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build abetter future. We need the mostinnovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world ofSiemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinatedagainst COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Canada) ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.