Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly growing and constantly innovating Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry? Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology and solving the most challenging and demanding problems of the new decade? Are you interested in working across a range of areas from application engineering support and management, verification and validation of complex semiconductor ICs, system testing, and beyond? If so, Siemens EDA could be the place for you!
With a long term legacy of success, innovation and customer awards, Siemens EDA is the world's largest provider of Digital Software to the semiconductor industry. We enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design. We have a unique company culture. With its corporate headquarters in Wilsonville, Oregon and market dominance in the Americas and other continents around the world, we value ethical action in all of our endeavors. Integrity is a critical component of who we are and what we do. We also value truthful communication. We strive to build trusting relationships with our employees, customers, and partners which have a positive influence in creating winning results. Recognition for individual and team achievement at Siemens EDA is regularly awarded. We never forget that it's the hard work and dedication of our people that wins our company recognition with our customers and within our industry. Working for Siemens EDA is working for the leader in its class. Our employees are self-motivated and have come to expect competent leadership from our managers and executives.
This Applications Engineer (AE) position delivers technical expertise for Functional Verification of digital, mixed-signal, and analog IC chip designs based on Siemens EDA's DVT products and services. It provides support for both pre-sales and post-sales assessment of customer needs as well as quick implementation/execution of the solution. You'll work on cutting edge technology working side by side with our customers in close collaboration with R&D and marketing in a cross-functional, interdependent environment. This is an ideal position for candidates who like to interact with and influence others, possess strong design and/or verification background, requiring both in depth knowledge of HDL and HVL, as well as strong scripting skills for writing test programs and tooling to meet customer needs.
- Provide technical leadership in the sales and support of a wide range to Functional Verification technologies for our leading edge customers
- Integrates DVT products and services (at the block/chip/system level) and ensures expected behavior in customer's environments
- Perform assessments of customer environments and requirements, providing expertise on topics such as: Verification planning, Testbench development using SV/UVM methodologies, Functional verification and modeling of digital/mixed-signal ASICs and SoCs, Failure analysis and resolution, Coverage analysis, RTL/Gate-simulations, Regression debug and other flow/infrastructure development and testing
- Accountable for the uncovering, scoping, and technical validity of the solutions to achieve the customer's design and verification objectives
- Keeps other technical peers (country wide) informed of new and emerging technologies, share best practices and information
- Become a trusted advisor to customer's business problems and eventually earns the trust to influence customer's decision process and business objectives
- Articulate customer's technical needs and requirements to product engineering, influence and shape product direction
- Deliver ongoing customer training classes and consulting related to advance verification topics, as well as assist in driving the adoption of these into customer design and verification process, participate in developing technical white papers, attend local and regional technical seminars and technology conferences to educate and promote DVT solutions and network with attendees
- Mentor and/or coach junior AEs on the team, participate in lead roles solicited by management
Approximately 25% travel to various local customer sites.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS in electrical, computer or electronics engineering, computer science, or equivalent discipline with 7+ years of verification or related experience
- MS in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent discipline with 5+ years of verification or related experience
- Strong background with HDLs (e.g. Verilog, VHDL), HVLs (e.g. SystemVerilog/UVM, OVM, AVM, Vera, Specman, OOP), System C and methodologies (e.g. Directed/Constraint Random, UPF, Coverage, Assertion)
- Demonstrated experience with Advance Test Bench creation and Simulation of complex SoC environments, makefile creation, use of Python, Perl, C/C++ scripts
- Strong trouble shooting, triage and debugging skills
- Deep knowledge of semiconductor IC industry - ASIC, SoC, Memory, Interconnect, CPU architectures, embedded systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented, team environment
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Prior leadership roles or experiences
- Prior 5-10 years Applications Engineering experience is a plus
- Knowledgeable in the areas of Verification IP protocols e.g. AMBA, USB, ETHERNET, PCIE, DDR, HBM, other
- Knowledge and experience in emerging technologies - AI, ML, 5G, Automotive, IoT, Networking and Functional Safety (FuSa)
- Real Number Modelling (RNM) design, simulation and measurement experience
- Formal Property Checking, Clock Domain Crossing, Hardware Emulation and FPGA prototyping methodology
- Prior leadership roles or experiences
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .