Application Support Engineer – SC3D Structures and STAR-CCM+ - Orlando, FL - SISW-PLM 217268M
- Orlando, FL
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This position is an opportunity to work at the forefront of our company's innovative usage of digital simulation within industrial and research environments.
Simcenter 3D is a unified, scalable, open and extensible environment for 3D CAE with connections to design, 1D simulation, test, and data management. Simcenter 3D speeds the simulation process by combining best-in-class geometry editing, associative simulation modeling and multi-discipline solutions embedded with industry expertise. Fast and accurate solvers power structural, acoustics, flow, thermal, motion, and composites analyses, as well as optimization and multi-physics simulation.
Simcenter 3D is available as a standalone simulation environment. It is also available completely integrated with NX delivering a seamless CAD/CAE experience.
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is the industry leading Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software that allows you to simulate almost any engineering problem that involves fluids, structures and all the associated physics. Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a complete multiphysics solution for the simulation of products and designs operating under real-world conditions. Uniquely, Simcenter STAR-CCM+ brings automated design exploration and optimization to the simulation toolkit of every engineer, allowing you to efficiently explore the entire design space instead of focusing on single point design scenarios.
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ can be coupled to various other Simcenter products or used in combined workflows, for example with Simcenter 3D for structural and (vibro-)acoustics simulations, or Amesim for 1D systems simulations.
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring the technical success or our customers in their use of Simcenter software. This role involves supporting both Simcenter3D Structures and Simcenter STAR-CCM+ CFD. Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the client meet their objectives as well as improve their processes. The role includes delivering classroom training, mentoring, and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to discover opportunities to grow software usage within accounts and engage the customer to realize that growth.
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are essential to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial, and possess excellent communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
The role is based in the Orlando, FL office and will be supporting customers primarily from the turbomachinery industry.
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of Simcenter 3D Structures and Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Identify problems and take ownership for successful resolution of issues.
- Facilitate the sales process in developing account intelligence, pursuing opportunities for growth of software usage, and assisting in software deployment.
- Conduct training on introductory and advanced topics in Simcenter 3D Structures and Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
- Conduct technical discussions with customers to collect and understand simulation requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach.
- Perform benchmark simulations and test cases to explore new methods, define standard methodologies, and verify results.
- Build Knowledge Base Articles for the customer portal.
- Work on multiple projects and support engagements simultaneously.
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide feedback on future product direction. Communicate and demonstrate new software capabilities to customers.
- Perform proficiently all aspects of structural analysis and CFD technology: software installation, licensing, HPC cluster configuration, CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes.
- Advocate new modelling techniques and features introduced in Simcenter 3D Structures and Simcenter STAR-CCM+ releases. Investigate new application areas and build new simulation examples.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or related field with focus on computational methods and structural mechanics and/or fluid dynamics.
- Successful application of structural analysis and/or CFD methods to meet real world goals in research or design of turbomachinery.
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to customer application needs.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
This position will be subject to U.S. export control requirements under ITAR and EAR*
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Working knowledge of advanced nonlinear structural analysis methodologies including contact, creep, plasticity and coupled thermal mechanical systems simulation.
- Experience with CFD simulation applications such as internal/external flows, transonic/supersonic flows, conjugate heat transfer, turbulence modeling, or multiphase applications.
- Familiarity with meshing complex geometries, transient analysis, and simulation post-processing.
- Experience with Simcenter 3D Structures and Simcenter STAR-CCM+ or other commercial structural analysis (Ansys, Abaqus) and CFD (Fluent, CFX) tools.
- Solid understanding of common design processes, objectives, and constraints for industrial applications.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top