Application Engineer - EA Products - Industrial & Datacenter
- San Francisco, CA
Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure - Creating Environments that Care
Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries, enhancing the way we live and work to significantly improve efficiency and sustainability .
Making real what matters: Humans care. We want an urban, sustainable, livable world that optimally combines real and digital solutions. We address infrastructure challenges, contributing to sustainable development and creating the best possible environments in which to live and work.
With smart infrastructure from Siemens, we intelligently connect energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps us to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive and communities to progress.
Digital Grid Business Unit
The Digital Grid Business Unit is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services. We ensure reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing and all-electrifying energy world. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it's way - every step of the way!
Digital Grid key portfolio element include substation automation, protection, metering & communications; grid control; smart grid applications, analytics & IoT offerings; grid planning and simulation.
We are headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with major locations in Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; Fairfax, VI, and Wendell, NC. This position can be located in any of these regions: Pacific South West(SF), Mid West (Houston and Kansas City) and North East ( New York/ New Jersey)
Siemens Digital Grid - Ahead of the Challenge - Ahead of the Change!
If you are looking for a career that will contribute to shaping the future of tomorrow, that will impact the sustainability of the energy industry, with work side by side the brightest minds in the industry let's talk!
Technical Promoter / Consultant for Energy Automation Products
The growth of our Technical Promoter / Consultant roles is an essential strategic investment in our business. Working together with the Sales Team, this technical expert role will be responsible for communicating with customers product value and differentiators, preparing and executing Relay Protection and Automation product demonstration to the EPC and Design Consultants for the Industrial and Datacenter Business. This role will develop, drive and prescribe innovative Protection and Automation solutions within the US market, facilitating growth of the SIPROTEC and SICAM Product Brands with the end goal of having the product in the engineering standards of the Industrial Consultants and driving influence from the End users
Key Strategic aspects of the Job Function
- Bringing Thought Leadership in day to day engagement with the Industrial segment to share the value propositions associated with the Siemens Products
- Driving approvals of the SIPROTEC and SICAM portfolio in the engineering and approval standards of EPC and design consultants
- Building a Pipeline of Projects specified with Siemens SIPROTEC and SICAM portfolio by building relationships with the EPC and design consultants,
- Driving Siemens Brand affinity in Key Industrial segments - IT and Telecommunication , O&G, WWTP, F&B, Automotive, Metals and Mining
- Fostering Relationships and building competency on Siemens platforms with the Channels associated with the Engineering Consultants and End Users
Key Operational Aspects of the Job Function
- Fostering Collaboration with the Industrial Sales Teams and the Energy Automation Product and System Business Developers in the assigned region
- Enabling Sales to build opportunity pipeline for products and systems by enhancing the specification activity with EPC Design Consultants and associated Industrial End Users to get the product in the standards
- Supporting Sales with expert level engagement in Industrial Segment(EPCs,End Users and Channels) to qualify leads into RFQs and order income
- Training and competency enhancement on Siemens platforms to engineering AEs in the Consultants Segment and their associated Channels
- First point of contact for the EPC/ Design consultants and Sales in the assigned region for all application related questions - prompt responsiveness to ensure high NPS for assigned region
- Representing Siemens in Various conferences and Industrial forums to create brand affinity ( via White Papers, Journals or addressing forums )
- Strong competency in end to end solutions from the Energy Automation perspective - Protection Relays, Automation RTUs, Power Quality, PMS/EMCS, HMI Systems
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering / Power Systems
- 5 + years of Core Protection and Automation experience in Commissioning, Business Development, Projects with a strong endeavor to influence customers with technology
- Strong customer service and building positive relationship skills, with prior direct customer experience
- Extremely partner-focused, proactive and effective within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with soft skills on Microsoft office packages
- Flexibility to travel upto 50 % with full discretion to plan customer interface and travel schedules depending on regional demand
Applicant should be a permanent resident or a citizen of USA
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top