Advanced Software Development Engineer
- Prague, Czech Republic
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens Industry Software, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries Division, is a leading global provider of software, systems and services for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM). With our range of high-performance industrial software, we help manufacturing companies increase the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and bring new products to market faster.
Since Polarion's inception in 2004, our mission has been to help companies advance the development, governance and maintenance of software via a unified solution for Requirements, Quality, and Application Lifecycle Management.
Polarion Software was acquired by Siemens PLM Software in January 2016, expanding their support for the growing ALM market. Working with innovative partners, we've expanded our mission to help customers unlock synergies across all of their development teams. Integrating Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Product Line Engineering (PLE) with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) processes allows us to bridge the gap between mechanical, hardware, electronic and software development, delivering unprecedented efficiencies.
A candidate should have at least five years of experience in software development, good testing skills with JUnit, and the ability to drive complex projects and see them through to the end. They should also have good knowledge of Web application development on multiple platforms.
- Design and develop high-quality software.
- Contribute to the architectural design of new features.
- Pro-actively implement practices to increase quality and productivity.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Lead by example on all aspects of coding and design.
- Work closely with testers and product managers to ensure that requirements are clearly outlined before coding commences.
- Actively contribute to planning and assessment meetings.
- Collaborate closely with management and key stakeholders
- Computer Science degree or similar.
- Practical experience in Web application development.
- Excellent Java (SE) development skills.
- Work experience in an Agile environment (Scrum, XP, Kanban).
- Experience in unit testing with Junit.
- Strong skills in HTML/JS.
- Work experience with Git.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Proficient usage of English.
- Work experience with some of the following technologies: Java 11, Eclipse RCP, Google Web Toolkit, React JS, Tomcat, Spring boot, PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases, Gitlab CI or Docker.
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Stable international company (working with people around the world)
- English speaking environment
- Be part of an Agile team
- Core product development with over 1 million end users
- Flexible working environment (flexi time, working from home)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top