Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Accountant.
Shared Service Accounting organization provides Accounting and Reporting support and direction on various general ledgers and operating companies. The Accountant will work with his or her Manager to oversee accounting processes for HC AC AME USA ESPRIT closing and reporting provided to all US companies. The Accountant will also work directly with the business on intermediate accounting activities such as account reconciliations and preparation/and approval of journal entries. They will provide support and guidance in accordance to Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), and communicate changes related to the Reporting and Accounting guidelines. The candidate will analyze and maintain ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and fiscal reports and will ensure accurate and complete monthly reporting.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reporting for SAP/ESPRIT/ADSTAR
- Support month-end/Quarterly close process
- Prepare/Review various account reconciliations
- Prepare, Maintain and process entries in accordance with IFRS requirements
- Review and research accounting guidelines per International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Internal and external audit support.
- Customer support - Manufacturing and Sales/Service Business units, and other departments.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Experienced in closing and reporting of periodic financials.
- Proficiency in SAP, Oracle and in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge and experience in GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Display aptitude for critical thinking, ability to work under tight deadlines and in cross functional team.
- BS/BA in Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 year's public/private accounting experience
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .