Account Executive, Laboratory Diagnostics - Scranton
- Williamsport, PA
Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Territory includes: Scranton, Binghamton, Elmira, State College, Williamsport, Middletown areas.
The Account Executive role is a field based position serving as the key point of contact for Siemens customers. Overall responsibility for selling products, services, solutions to new and/or existing customers directly or through sales channels and establishing and/or maintaining customer relationships.
The Account Executive reports to the Regional VP.
• Provide "one face to the customer", quarterback within account. Single point of contact for all customer needs.
• Assumes product ownership and responsibility of all diagnostic business units with basic understanding of the products and positioning against the competition.
• Develops relationship with base of customers to maintain and grow diagnostic reagent business in Chemistry, Immunoassay, Hematology, Hemostasis, Urinalysis, Molecular and Microbiology.
• Effective utilization of resources, both internal and external, to maintain and grow relationships to accomplish goals.
Financial management responsibility
• Qualifies prospect and exchange instrument opportunity before bringing in Instrument Specialist. Tracks and manages sales process.
• Identifies and develops prospect opportunities for all product responsibilities.
• Accountable to drive all product line revenue in territory.
• Shared responsibility with all Specialists to maximize capital revenue.
• Develops and implements strategic plans for accounts, in line with company objectives, to grow revenue in a profitable way both short and long term.
• Updates reagent trending reports to ensure accuracy in reagent forecast.
• Manage quoting and proposal process as well as delivery to the customer in collaboration with Instrument specialist. Request quotes from Instrument Specialist.
• Manages customer compliance on reagent contracts and works to develop plans when customers are not meeting commitments.
• Conducts Business Reviews with top customers or when warranted.
• Responsible for forecasting revenue and unit opportunities in business reviews.
Customer Relationship Responsibility
• Establish relationship with customers vertically from bench tech to c-suite. Develops trust and establishes credibility with diagnostic section heads and lab management. Maintains relationship with Materials Management, as well as C-suite.
• Develops a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key buying influences of assigned accounts.
• Orchestrates customer presentations and demonstrations, with specialist, articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
• Problem resolution - assumes ownership of account issues and uses appropriate resources.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, Experience:
• BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Geographically accessibility to territory.
• Proven history of successful sales with 3-5 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
• Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels of an organization (internal and external).
• Ability to manage and resolve complex business problems; at times in the absence of existing procedures or practices.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, Experience:
• High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies (financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer), in order to make sound decisions.
• Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
• Ability of develop an understanding of product knowledge on all product lines.
• Demonstrated organization skills.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top