Vision Solutions Specialist
Today, SICK is a leading manufacturer of factory, logistics and process automation technology worldwide. With more than 1,000 patents for its products, SICK continues to lead the industry in new product innovations. The diversity of its product line allows SICK to offer solutions at every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, logistics, parcel, material handling, oil and gas, chemical/HPI, power, and cement industries. SICK's expansive product portfolio includes industrial sensors; safety solutions automatic identification; vision encoders; and gas, dust, and flow analyzers.
This position has primary responsibility for supporting and growing profitable SICK sales and market share for SICK vision products, systems and services.
- Responsible for driving business and achieving revenue goals at new and existing accounts consistent with organizational objectives.
- Key activities include technical and commercial qualification of customer applications by applying vision engineering principles, developing project scope and managing customer expectations.
- Implement SICK standardized sales processes for Territory, Account, Opportunity and Call Management to support planning to optimize sales performance.
- Use CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure proper documentation and retention. Use CRM to manage opportunities effectively and allocating appropriate resource.
- Develop and maintain direct customer relationships and create opportunities by developing a deep understanding of customer problems. Use consultative sales techniques, based on SICK Sales Power (SSP) to uncover customer needs and provide solutions that are differentiated based on technical advantages and translate to customer benefits.
- Provide amazing customer service by managing customer communications and SICK customer relationships with named accounts. Ensure velocity and accuracy of all customer communications.
- Identify and properly qualify business and customer opportunities and/or threats; understand the account potential, competitors and position in the market and requirements for doing business.
- Be responsible for new application discovery and potential opportunities for new and diverse product applications.
- Introduce SICK new products, solutions, systems and Lifetime Services with a sense of urgency. Continued product leadership in the market place is of paramount importance.
- Form and lead Account sales teams comprising Regional Sales colleagues (RSE's, RDSMs, Summit Distributors) and integrators, to provide vision solutions on a repeatable basis.
- Provide demonstration of SICK solutions to meet customer application needs and at trade shows
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Keep abreast of market and competitive activity; recommend actions in areas where competitor activities are having a negative impact on sales goals
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Four year degree in a technical field with either an academic or experiential orientation toward technical sales.
- Prior sales experience of selling machine vision or code reading systems through direct sales and/or regional distributors and/or integrator partners is required
- Ability to travel regionally up to four days a week.
- Requires a high degree of direct sales skills and the implementation of account sales plans through a network of direct, indirect sales channels and integrator partners. Experience selling solutions and experience of solving complex business problems preferred but not required.
- Must have the ability to manage consistently to a common plan, providing sales leadership in the implementation of corporate sales strategies.
- Requires fundamental leadership in sales management, opportunity assessment, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft and Internet applications as well as SOPAS software
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Fluent in business English
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
Learning on the fly
Dealing with Ambiguity
Drive for Results
Comfort Around Higher Management
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top