*This is a remote field position. The ideal candidate will work out of their home office. The person can be located near one of our SICK US offices. They will conduct business travel regularly.
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and Sensor Intelligence have allowed SICK to develop products and systems for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK's focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
With limited supervision, this position supports the Company's focus of being a Trusted Solution Partner by providing technical expertise in the selection and creation of machine vision systems to solve our customers' quality control applications. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about image processing algorithms, computer vision and machine learning, and who are enthusiastic about sharing ideas and discoveries to bring up the team's competence level. This position will require extensive computer vision knowledge and programming skills, and the interest to see the technology work in real life applications.
- Develop machine vision application concepts in 2D and 3D by using SICK and 3 rd party hardware and software libraries
- Configure machine vision camera and lighting setup to generate sufficient image quality
- Serves as machine vision Technical Project Manager and supports project deployment at customer site
- Set-up of demo/POC platform in SICK's Vision lab and customer sites
- When required, work as part of the pursuit team to provide technical support to help drive the opportunity to close.
- Prioritization of pre-sale activities based on customer potential and team input
- Participate in customer discovery calls with industry team to uncover unmet customer needs
- Capture recurring customer requirements to recommend market solutions to address unmet customer needs
- Work with the Strategic Industry team to define project acceptance criteria, inclusions and exclusions and work closely with CPM-PRE and CPM-Pro on project execution
- Provide systems training to customers, vision integrators, distributors, and the sales team
- Provide level-2 technical support for customers, vision integrators, distributors, and Field Services
- Work with internal resources and external installation resources to identify areas for continuous improvement
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study is preferred
- Deep understanding of, and experience with machine vision application workflow, image processing software, image processing tools and algorithms
- Image processing: Halcon, Vision Pro, OpenCV, TensorFlow, etc.
- Machine vision cameras (2D & 3D), lighting and related hardware
- Deep learning experience in machine vision is a plus
- Project management skills
- Ability to self-start and learn on the fly
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Conduct domestic and international travel up to 50%
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
At SICK, we believe that our employees are the key to achieving our mission and values. SICK's benefit package has long been recognized and valued because of its comprehensiveness and competitiveness in the market. To help our employees make the most of their overall well-being, we are thrilled to provide an outstanding rewards package! See attached benefits summary documents for details!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com .
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V