Technical Trainer II
Today, SICK is a leading manufacturer of factory, logistics and process automation technology worldwide. With more than 1,000 patents for its products, SICK continues to lead the industry in new product innovations. The diversity of its product line allows SICK to offer solutions at every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, logistics, parcel, material handling, oil and gas, chemical/HPI, power, and cement industries. SICK's expansive product portfolio includes industrial sensors; safety solutions automatic identification; vision encoders; and gas, dust, and flow analyzers.
This position has primary responsibility for development of training materials and delivery of the training content of the assigned SICK products. Training audiences may consist of direct SICK employees, distribution and integration partners and/or end-users of SICK products. The training is to be designed to continually develop product knowledge, application experience and industry expertise.
- Develop effective training presentations, tutorials, instructor and student guides, lesson plans, lab exercises and testing in multiple media formats suitable to course and audience.
- Modify existing training materials to reflect updates in products, technologies, applications, industries, training strategies and feedback.
- Deliver technical training course content on assigned products.
- Deliver complex concepts to a potentially less technical audience.
- Work with the Product Management teams during the launch to market process to ensure a technical understanding of the product or product change.
- Manage time, travel expenses and reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain required training records including employee training completion, certifications, test scores and compliances as applicable.
- Support the development of train-the-trainer and industry training programs.
- Assess training programs and work to continuously improve upon them.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Keep a high energy level in training classes to motivate course attendees to stay on task. Content should be motivational and dynamic when necessary to relate to similar topics ensuring the course's success.
- Work with the training strategy on implementation of new concepts, technologies and delivery methods.
- Assist Trainer and Application Engineers on technical concepts.
- Remain knowledgeable about SICK's business strategies
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of related work experience
- Technical knowledge and background in electronics, electro-mechanical and optics preferred.
- Excellent Presentation and public speaking skills.
- Skilled in technical writing.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
Learning on the fly
Dealing with Ambiguity
Managing Work Processes
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top