Technical Support Specialist II (2nd Shift)
- Stoughton, MA
This opportunity has a shift schedule of 11am-8pm Monday-Friday.
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and “Sensor Intelligence” have allowed SICK to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK’s focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting customers by troubleshooting logistic automation solutions in a B2B environment, while upholding a positive representation of SICK, and providing a level of service exceeding expectations.
- Provide continuous technical support for assigned products, systems, and services to SICK direct sales teams, distributors, and/or customers through telephone conversations and written communication.
- Knowledgeable on end-user technical support including: “how-to” questions, routine maintenance activities, configuration, upgrades, minor enhancements, customization, features, and functionality.
- Knowledgeable on SLA for key customers, priorities, and emergency escalation paths. Proficient at gauging the difficulty of requests while considering priority.
- Primary phone and email support role to solve customer needs and requests promptly while striving to exceed department responsiveness goals.
- Provide internal and external customers with answers to general questions regarding sales tools, product specifications, product information, etc.
- Handle basic customer situations upholding and/or improving customer perception of SICK; solve or escalate as appropriate, customer problems as expeditiously as possible.
- Review technical support documents, application solution write-ups, FAQs, and other supporting materials.
- Answer customer phone calls professionally and consistently; interface customer calls with the CRM system.
- Use CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure proper documentation and retention.
- Guide customers to the best resources to fit their needs including technical support, distribution information, and other relevant information the customer may require.
- Provide a highly responsive service oriented interface for Field Sales, distributors, and customers.
- Document and escalate recurring themes found in customer comments and/or complaints and ensure the information is given to the right people to resolve problems.
- Conduct post-sale customer surveys in order to determine customer satisfaction with equipment and answer any questions regarding problems or issues; document information gathered in CRM.
- Experienced and technically competent in providing corrective and emergency support, defect detection, and root cause analysis.
- Mentor / train on products, systems and services to SICK direct sales teams, distributors, and/or customers.
- Drive growth of key accounts, products, systems, and service.
- Recommend process improvement solutions.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent technical customer service experience required.
- Engineering Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers successfully preferred.
- 2 years of industrial automation experience preferred.
- Proven experience in a technical, customer facing position.
- Completion of certification program in Technical Customer Service / Customer Support is recommended.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organization as well as with customers regarding technical issues.
- Problem solving skills.
- High level of understanding and knowledge of how to successfully provide technical support to customers over the phone and via email.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
- Occasional travel for training and customer interactions (up to 20%).
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to work in a general office environment.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! SICK has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Back to top