This is a full time position for new or recent graduates that will begin in June 2019.
SICK is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.ABOUT SICK:
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts‑such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
The SICK SensorING Rotational Program is an 18-month rotation designed to provide recent college graduates with robust professional knowledge and experiences. This program ensures graduates are well rounded once they complete the program and progress into their career with SICK. This program consists of separate tracks candidates can choose from and provides candidates with opportunities within different segments of the business through on the job training, classroom training, coursework, seminars, and other curriculum. At the conclusion of the program, candidates transition into a position based on their performance during the rotation. This placement takes into account the trainees input, but overall business conditions and need will determine final placement. The objective of the program is to have completed one of the finest professional on boarding programs, which gives the successful trainee an accelerated capability and career trajectory through their hands on knowledge of the broader business.
- Gain technical aptitude based on the selected track options for the rotation (choose 3):
- Commercial Customer Care: This position provides basic technical process consultation and customer service to meet customer's requirements and strives for continuous improvement in all departmental areas through education, training, and cross-training.
- Factory Automation Sales: This position has primary responsibility for supporting and growing sales within a strategic industry, at named accounts with a passion and drive for success within the industrial automation industry. This position will be involved in strategic, complex sales with a focus on products, services, systems, and solutions selling.
- Logistics Automation Sales: This position has primary responsibility for supporting and growing sales within a strategic industry, at named accounts with a passion and drive for success within the industrial automation industry. This position will be involved in strategic, complex sales with a focus on products, services, systems, and solutions selling.
- Process Automation Sales: This position has primary responsibility for supporting and growing sales within a strategic industry, at named accounts with a passion and drive for success within the industrial automation industry. This position will be involved in strategic, complex sales with a focus on products, services, systems, and solutions selling.
- Project Management - Pre Sales: This position has primary responsibility for pre-sale process and post-sale process support for SICK systems solutions. This includes focused support of proposal generation and project tracking throughout a project life cycle.
- Participate and collaborate as a team member in various departments within SICK.
- Understand and participate in developmental related tasks through a variety of channels including: self-study, classroom learning, mentor support and development, and other learning opportunities.
- Actively seek out information to learn how SICK operates as a business (products, departments, etc.).
- Learn and follow The SICK Way through all interactions with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Complete a final presentation at the close of the program that outlines the involved project(s) and knowledge gained. Additional topics may be suggested by Management Board.
- Provide feedback on the rotational experience at the close of the program.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related program OR a recent graduate of the above listed program with less than 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior relevant internship/co-op experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed throughout the program.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Able to self-start and learn on the fly.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Able to work in a general office environment.
- Able to relocate and travel for the program.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the “Apply Online” button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
All applicants must complete a 500 word essay answering: What is Industry 4.0 and how does this apply to SICK? Why am I a fit for the SensorING Rotational Program.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V