Strategic Product Manager Intern
- Savage, MN
This internship is for the summer of 2021.
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and “Sensor Intelligence” have allowed SICK to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK’s focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
An intern at SICK is involved in the day-to-day activities within the business through immersion into different projects. The intern will have the opportunity to work within a team to gain knowledge and first-hand experience of what a career in this industry would be like.
- Work with the customization team to streamline and automate our customizations portal and all supporting infrastructure around it.
- Work on other chosen project with the assistance of the manager, mentor, and team.
- Work closely with the manager and a selected mentor to understand systems, processes, and key information.
- Seek out information to learn how SICK operates as a business (products, departments, etc.).
- Interface with other departments and interns to gain knowledge of the business, products, positions and more.
- Provide innovative recommendations on how SICK can improve.
- Complete a final presentation at the close of the internship that outlines the involved project(s) and knowledge gained.
- Provide feedback on the internship experience at the close of the internship.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program working towards a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any technically focused degree.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Ability to self-start and learn on the fly.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to work in a general office environment.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the “Apply Online” button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Back to top