Sensor and Safety Integration Engineer II- IT/Analytics
This position is remote and can be located anywhere near a major airport. This is a salary plus OT position.
Today, SICK is a leading manufacturer of factory, logistics and process automation technology worldwide. With more than 1,000 patents for its products, SICK continues to lead the industry in new product innovations. The diversity of its product line allows SICK to offer solutions at every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, logistics, parcel, material handling, oil and gas, chemical/HPI, power, and cement industries. SICK's expansive product portfolio includes industrial sensors; safety solutions automatic identification; vision encoders; and gas, dust, and flow analyzers.
This position designs, develops and supports cloud computing and all aspects of Data Analytics, it bridges the connectivity and provides transparency between the controls platform into the IT Systems through IIOT and Industry 4.0. This responsibility includes software architecture design from the sensors layer (level 1) to the IT / business system layer (level 4), as well as provide product management support for the SICK's analytical software platform. This position will be supporting the growth of the systems and integration business throughout the U.S. Emphasis within the role is on using IT principles and knowledge to integrate SICK systems into our customer applications including supporting the installation and commissioning team. Complete full lifecycle / turnkey automation and information projects from program and project management, consulting, definition and requirements through Design for automation and IT architecture, Programming for Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), HMI (Human Machine Interface), OIT(Operator Interface Terminal), Data analysis, aggregation, correlation, potentially Historian, MES(Manufacturing Execution Systems), RDB(Relational Database), into Factory Acceptance Test(FAT) against defined User and Functional requirements. Post FAT support for delivery and installation of systems, commissioning, start-up at customer site followed by handoff and Site Acceptance Test(SAT). Services may involve complete projects, aspects of projects whether offered on firm fixed price or T&M (Time and Material) basis. Ensure QMS (quality management system process) involving necessary documentation and project rigor via PMO (project management office) and/or Project methodology (V model, CPM, etc.), to ensure connectivity and communication is established between the controls systems, IT and the cloud, perform data analytics through aggregation, normalization and distribution of the data information to make sound decisions for systems optimization and support customer's needs.
- Explore new and distributed computing platforms to support I4.0 activities
- Perform Industrial data analytics and provide support to create new technologies to develop network solutions and software programs
- Cooperate with cross-functional teams to define, design and develop IIOT innovative solutions
- Create process flow documentation to support Internal and external customers
- Support I4.0 initiatives with digital transformation and provide data transparency
- Ability to link production methods with the state of the art information and communication technology
- Product management of SICK's analytical software platform
- Support design, program, and complete start-up of customer solutions using automation engineering principles and advanced software programming of PLC, HMI, C++, C#, web/Java Script, flow and scripts. Program and configure, linking I/O to PLC.
- Integrate SICK products as well as third party technologies.
- Analyze project functional specifications and requirements, scope of work, all design criteria documents and proposals as needed to support the design of the system.
- Perform consultative Life Time Services (LTS) offerings including report generation. This entails data gathering, device selection and system design to ensure high performance results.
- Document the systems design as required by the customer. This documentation may also apply to Field Service, and Technical Support for future support.
- Create final designs, Bill-Of-Materials, define parts and technologies from external suppliers to meet project requirements as needed.
- Support the start-ups of systems at customer sites ensuring successful go-live and optimal performance.
- Troubleshoot and debug systems as required.
- Complete acceptance testing (FAT/SAT) per customer requirements.
- Provide amazing customer service by effectively managing customer expectations.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Four year degree in computer engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of Prior IT Experience and controls engineering experience (hardware and software) within the logistics automation, factory automation or similar industry required.
- Basic PLC and HMI programming experience required.
- Experience with object oriented programming language e.g. Java, Python,
- Additional programming using C++, Halcon, and SCADA required.
- Advanced knowledge of various types of networks required (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, etc.).
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong desire and focus to build skills and aptitude in automation, mechanical, vision and lighting.
- Ability to support business processes through strong communication skills.
- Robotics programming experience is a plus
- ISA Standards knowledge (S88, S95, etc.) a plus
- GAMP V Model, knowledge a plus
- Technology: Information layer knowledge (Historian, Relational Database, SQL(structured query language), MES(Manufacturing Execution System, HMI(Human Machine Interface), Programming, Robot programming, Control Systems (Programmable Logic Controllers, Distributed Control Systems, Soft), IO & Final Control and Sensing Layer knowledge a plus.
- Safety Systems (Functional SIL 1, 2, 3 and Discrete On Machine) knowledge a plus
- Motion Control Systems knowledge a plus
- Vision Systems knowledge a plus
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) or Industry 4.0 knowledge a plus.
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally 25-50%
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
Ethics and Integrity, Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountability, Building Effective Relationships.
Functional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Communication, Perseverance, Negotiating.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top