Safety Solution Specialist
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts - such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position has primary responsibility for supporting and growing profitable SICK sales and market share for safety products, services and solutions.
Responsible for achieving business and revenue goals in both existing and new customers
- Key activities include the assessment of customer applications and needs, for which a strong technical background will be essential, and deploying the appropriate products, services or solutions.
- Implement SICK standardized sales processes for Territory, Account, Opportunity and Call Management to support planning to optimize sales performance.
- Use CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure proper documentation and retention.
- Develop direct customer relationships using deep understanding of customers business needs, production applications and technical language utilized in safety inspection and solutions. Provide consultative sales techniques, based on SICK Sales Power (SSP) to uncover customer needs and solve difficult applications. Providing solutions that are differentiated to improve machine safety and personnel safety.
- Provide amazing customer service by working in conjunction with Account Managers to managing customer communications and SICK customer relationship. Ensure velocity and accuracy to all customer communications.
- Identify and properly qualify business and customer opportunities and/or threats; understand the account potential, competitors and position in the market and requirements for doing business.
- Be responsible for new application discovery and potential opportunities for new and diverse safety solutions.
- Introduce SICK new products, solutions, systems and Lifetime Services with a sense of urgency. Continued product leadership in the market place is of paramount importance.
- Participate in and/or lead sales pursuit teams representing expertise in SICK's Safety Products, Services and Solutions. Have a complete understanding of the 6-step process used for selling safety and supporting product sales when implementation support is not of interest.
- Provide demonstration of SICK solutions to meet customer application needs and at trade shows
- Pursue Sales Excellence, developing skills, knowledge and competencies to continuously improve performance. Complete annual performance objectives and performance reviews, with Supervisor. Capitalize on development and training opportunities to position yourself for highest levels of performance recognition and continued career development.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Provide accurate and timely sales reports; track and measure sales results.
- Keep abreast of market and competitive activity; recommend actions in areas where competitor activities are having a negative impact on sales goals.
- Participate in trade shows, prepare and give marketing/sales presentations to technical societies, etc.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Four year degree in a technical field with either an academic or experiential orientation toward technical sales
- Prior sales experience involving sales of high technology industrial control products through direct sales and/or regional distributors and/or integrator partners is required
- Ability to travel up to four days a week. (Up to 60% Annually.)
- Requires a high degree of direct sales skills and the implementation of account sales plans through a network of direct, indirect sales channels and integrator partners.
- Must have the ability to manage consistently to a common plan, providing sales leadership in the implementation of Corporate sales strategies.
- Requires fundamental leadership in sales management, opportunity assessment, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft and Internet applications as well as SOPAS software
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Fluent in business English
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
Learning on the fly
Dealing with Ambiguity
Drive for Results
Comfort Around Higher Management
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top