Today, SICK is a leading manufacturer of factory, logistics and process automation technology worldwide. With more than 1,000 patents for its products, SICK continues to lead the industry in new product innovations. The diversity of its product line allows SICK to offer solutions at every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, logistics, parcel, material handling, oil and gas, chemical/HPI, power, and cement industries. SICK's expansive product portfolio includes industrial sensors; safety solutions; automatic identification; vision encoders; and gas, dust, and flow analyzers.
This position has primary responsibility for leading and improving the repair team's operations in the United States.
- Manage a team of repair technicians and coordinators in three U.S. locations that analyze and repair industrial sensors, safety sensors, auto ID scanners/readers, vision cameras, encoders and analyzers.
- Work cross-company to formulate strategies that satisfy the requirements of the business and customers.
- Work with management locally and in Germany to optimize which products will be repaired in the U.S.
- Monitor department quality performance and manage costs of warranty returns, repairs and failure analyses.
- Highlight potential quality problem areas and recommend/implement solutions.
- Maintain status reports for U.S. repairs in-process and work to improve efficiencies.
- Coordinate and monitor repairs processed through other production locations around the world.
- Implement a structured training program for repair technicians based on market requirements.
- Work hands-on with technicians and coordinators to assist with administration, logistics, repair and analysis of products.
- Work closely with supply management and quality to evaluate internal and external suppliers' ability to perform to company standards.
- Execute and refine procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability and safety.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, business management or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience in repair management.
- Some experience in ISO 9001:2015 and 14000:2015 Quality and Environmental System Standards desired.
- Experience with relevant international codes and standards.
- Basic understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organization and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance, leadership, training, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems, and professional ethics.
- Ability to travel both domestic and international up to 15%.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
Ethics and Integrity, Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
Functional/Technical Skills, Time Management, Motivating Others
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top