Regional Account Manager - Atlanta
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts - such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position has primary responsibility for supporting and growing profitable SICK sales and market share within a strategic industry, at named accounts with a passion and drive for success within the industrial automation industry. This position will be involved in strategic, complex sales with a focus on products, services, systems, and solutions selling.
- Be the trusted technical advisor to our customers. Introduce and sell SICK solutions and Lifetime Services to both existing and new account prospects to achieve established goals and grow market share through solution selling.
- Use and accurately maintain the company's CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure teamwork, collaboration, and global transparency towards providing an amazing customer experience.
- Develop direct customer relationships using deep understanding of customers business needs, production applications and technical language utilized in their industry.
- Use consultative sales techniques and solutions that are differentiated to improve customer production quality control and production efficiency, based on SICK Sales Power (SSP) to uncover customer needs and solve difficult applications.
- Provide an amazing customer experience and accurately managing customer communications and SICK customer relationship with named accounts.
- Identify and qualify business and customer opportunities and/or threats; understand the account potential, competitors and position in the market and requirements for doing business.
- Be responsible for new leads and potential opportunities for new and diverse product applications through continued product, industry, and client research.
- Introduce SICK new products, solutions, systems and Lifetime Services with a sense of urgency and entrepreneurialism.
- Form an Account sales team comprising sales colleagues , specialists, national product managers, and other colleagues, as appropriate, to maximize our share of wallet.
- Develop strategic account plans for target customers and opportunities
- Pursue Sales Excellence, developing skills, knowledge and competencies to continuously improve performance. Complete annual performance objectives and performance reviews, with Supervisor.
- Capitalize on development and training opportunities to position yourself for highest levels of performance recognition and continued career development.
- Keep abreast of market and competitive activity; recommend actions in areas where competitor activities are having a negative impact on sales goals.
- Participate in trade shows, prepare and give marketing/sales presentations to technical societies, etc
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Four year degree in a technical field with either an academic or experiential orientation toward technical sales.
- Prior sales experience involving sales of complex, high technology industrial control products through direct sales and/or regional distributors is required.
- Prior technical industry experience outside of sales is preferred
- Ability to travel regionally up to four days a week.
- Requires a high degree of direct sales management skills and the implementation of account sales plans through a network of direct and indirect sales channels.
- Must have the ability to manage consistently to a common plan, providing sales leadership in the implementation of corporate sales strategies.
- Requires fundamental leadership in sales management, opportunity assessment, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a global mindset.
- Must have the ability to work as a team to solve problems and create strategic plans through shared knowledge.
- Must be flexible, resilient and open to change.
- Must be a self-starter with strong motivation and desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Must have general knowledge of software applications and technologies within automation.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft and Internet applications
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
- Ability to work from home and manage their own schedule.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
Learning on the fly
Drive for Results
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top