Project Manager II
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered
Provide project management services for Process Automation Execute Phase projects that involve SICK products and services. Manage the projects schedule, budget and resources in compliance with SICK company policies and procedures. Serve as the SICK interface to customers, vendors and suppliers. Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documents and schedules.
- Provide a positive customer service relationship by effectively managing customer expectations.
- Introduce, implement, and support various department and location programs.
- Create project schedules utilizing Microsoft Project software and effectively communicate the schedule to the customer and internal SICK project support personnel.
- Generate reports as requested while maintaining a personal Action & Decision Register that contains all project related issues, proposed actions / decisions and proposed completion dates.
- Review customer documents, drawings and specifications for compatibility to SICK products and procedures.
- Provide Weekly Status Reports with an updated schedule to the customer and other interested parties.
- Provide interpretation of project to team by reviewing and providing input based on the customers Scope of Work.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Maintain discipline and technical knowledge by attending training classes.
- Attend trade shows and other industry specific educational seminars.
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
- Future ability to work from a remote location (home) if business requirements change.
Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelors or higher from an accredited post-secondary school in an engineering or Crude Oil, Natural Gas, Chemical Processing, Mining or Energy Producing related technical discipline. In lieu of a bachelor's degree 10 years of verifiable Industrial Instrumentation Specialist or Senior Level Technician Experience.
- Four to six years of experience working for an Oil & Gas or Chemical Producer, supplier or Service Company; requires knowledge and direct experience in a project management position.
- Must have a current Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card or be able to pass the application process to obtain one. The TWIC is required to gain access to secure facilities in ports such as oil and gas facilities. Info on the application process here https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Must have good analytical, organizational, project managements and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to develop and implement plans, procedures and processes to accomplish a goal.
- Must be driven to complete tasks and milestones in a manner that creates a “Win Win” condition both all involved.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft and Internet applications.
- Persons with SAP experience are preferred.
Applicants must display and maintain the position competencies listed below to be eligible and maintain a position with SICK
- Functional/Technical Skills, Technical Learning, Problem Solving, Dealing with Ambiguity, Time Management, Planning, Process Management, Conflict Management, Organizational Agility and Communication.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top