SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts‑such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position has primary responsibility for establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls. Providing timely and accurate financial reports to the Parent Company and internal management; directing the general accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including cost accounting, project accounting, project controlling and other related functions. Monitoring and confirming financial condition by working closely with project management and project analyst staff.
Planning and Controlling:
- Prepare annual project budgets and monthly project forecasts including Revenue and Costs.
- Accountable for the implementation and execution of internal controls including financial controls specifically for the projects business; assists with process review and improvement.
- Monitor performance and determine improvement areas by developing key performance indicators for critical department metrics such as; inventory turns, service utilization, project margins, speed to cash.
- Develops a detailed understanding of the project contract to ensure all parties are meeting the required obligations. Actively monitor the change order process.
- Collaborate with Project Managers (PM's), Project Analysts, procurement and engineering to support development and maintenance of monthly project cost forecasts.
- Coordinate project reviews for all assigned projects, working with management, PM's, analysts, CPM Pre. and other interested parties.
- Support to optimize project cash flow and manage tax issues, financial reporting, accounting, and project financing requirements.
- Promotes commercial awareness within the project team and provides commercial input to the project execution plan.
- Ensure Accounting Rules and Procedures are followed, including proper costing of project business.
- Understands and supports all aspects of the daily operations for the project accounting team including invoicing, accounts payables, and accounts receivables.
- Oversee, identify plan deviations and recommend resolution to project managers.
- Support the project execution team to ensure that it is meeting budgetary goals and deadlines, and discuss progress and options with project team.
- Manage project accounting processes in SAP to ensure security and control while maintaining efficiency.
- Ensure accurate project reporting of scheduling, budgetary and cost control information
- Ensure financial information accuracy between SAP and subproject reporting
- Recommend and execute corrective actions to handle project compliance
- Participate in project/program audits and prepares internal corrective action plans
- Oversee annual audit requirements for the project business
- Provides day to day detailed monitoring and analysis of project budgets and actuals
- Prepares accurate and timely financial and management reporting
- Prepares monthly management review presentation and service rest variance analysis
- Develops and maintains key metrics to support the project team and management
- Ensure project tasking and cost loading produce accurate project performance metrics for thorough analysis.
- Train Project and Service team to follow internal control procedures and policies.
- Assists with other financial and regulatory reporting
- Supports accurate time recording and accumulation for the LTS Group.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA or CMA preferred.
- MBA in Accounting or Finance desired.
- Five (5) years of financial experience in a project or manufacturing business.
- Large project management exposure in an industrial manufacturing business or similar.
- Experience or exposure with risk management policies and procedures.
- SAP Project Systems experience or similar.
- Cost forecasting and scheduling experience or exposure.
- Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Team leadership experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; managerial skills; organizational skill to identify priorities, and meet deadlines; computer skills in identifying flow of transactions.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Able and willing to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Able to work in a general office environment.
EMBRACES THE SICK WAY
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the “Apply Online” button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Back to top