Product Development Engineer Intern- Hardware
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts‑such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
An intern at SICK is involved in the day to day activities within the business through immersion into different projects. The intern will have the opportunity to work within a team to gain knowledge and first-hand experience of what a career in this industry would be like.
- Perform schematic capture, breadboarding and prototyping and perform/supervise PCB layout.
- Industrial Control Panel design and layout, bill of materials generation, wiring schematic design and verification.
- Work on a chosen project with the assistance of the manager, mentor, and team.
- Work closely with the manager and a selected mentor to understand systems, processes, and key information.
- Actively seek out information to learn how SICK operates as a business (products, departments, etc.).
- Interface with other departments and interns to gain knowledge of the business, products, positions and more.
- Provide innovative recommendations on how SICK can improve.
- Complete a final presentation at the close of the internship that outlines the involved project(s) and knowledge gained.
- Provide feedback on the internship experience at the close of the internship.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- Knowledge of C and assembly coding on micro-controllers desired.
- Knowledge of analog and digital design desired.
- General knowledge of CAE, schematic capture and circuit simulation tools.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Ability to self-start and learn on the fly.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Internet applications.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to work in a general office environment.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
Technical Learning, Problem solving, Drive for Results, Organizing, Personal Accountability
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the “Apply Online” button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top