Product Customization Engineer- Part Time
This is a part time position 20-24 hours per week.
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts - such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position has primary responsibility for the successful management of assigned product lines globally to provide profitable return for SICK. Successful management includes increasing profitability of existing products and developing new products to meet global market requirements.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic development, to tactical activities, to end-of-life planning and migration strategies.
- Conduct market and industry research to understand applications, market trends, and market requirements; analyze the market to define market conditions, market potential, competitive environment, and influences.
- Take a commanding lead role in engaging customers to understand their business strategy, environment, and processes; utilize standard methodologies to capture customer requirements and identify pain and hidden needs, and generate a compelling value proposition.
- Capture and translate current industry standards and regulations to relevant product requirements for responsible product lines.
- Provide competitive analysis for responsible product lines globally, including comparison of technical attributes, features, performance, and commercial elements.
- Translate market and customer requirements into new product solutions to better serve customer needs; document customer and market requirements and work with Engineering department to develop new products and/or solutions that satisfy the customer needs.
- Document and present business cases to justify new product developments based on the market analysis, market/customer requirements, market positioning, customer value proposition, revenue potential, profitability analysis, and product launch plans.
- Develop market introduction strategies for new products to achieve the planned business success globally, including sales tools, training, sales activities, marketing plans, target markets and customers, and strategic industry team engagement.
- Utilize company-defined processes to plan and track new product market introduction activities and stage-gates.
- Generate business development strategies with global sales subsidiaries to successfully launch, sell and support responsible product lines; visit sales subsidiaries to deliver product training, visit customers, and develop strategies.
- Identify target customer groups, and specific customers, within key markets and collaborate with sales on business development activity.
- Define and communicate global pricing strategies for assigned product lines.
- Develop mid-term product development strategy and roadmap; collaborate with corporate headquarters to ensure alignment with the corporate product development strategy and roadmap.
- Effectively navigate the organization to drive results locally and globally across all necessary functions.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Participate actively in Industry Associations.
- Support in customer training effort when necessary
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (for example, ME, EE, IE, CE, CSci) preferred or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in product management, preferably with an orientation toward industrial automation
- Written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively interface with individuals both inside and outside the organization from a technical perspective regarding SICK products.
- Ability to interface effectively with individuals at all levels within the division.
- Ability to make complex decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to approach ambiguity with creativity.
- Action oriented, with the ability to drive for results.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Ability to work in a general office environment
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top