National Product Manager II - Emerging Business Fields
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered
This position is responsible for the overall market success of SICK's Quality Control and Inspection systems portfolio within our defined Strategic Industries of the Emerging Business Fields, which include Automotive, Consumer Goods, and Electronics industries. Primary responsibilities include maintaining and delivering the highest level of systems knowledge and application expertise to customers, sales teams, channel partners and the organization. Create and improve SICK's competitive advantage and process efficiencies to consistently build profitable revenue growth in the assigned product portfolio.
SICK's Quality Control and Inspection systems include the followings:
- Machine Vision 3D/2D
- Sensor Fusion
- Data Collection and Data Management
- Manage an assigned Quality Control and Inspection systems portfolio by leading the development and implementation of a strategic business plan and a positioning strategy.
- Drive and maintain an in depth understanding of the customer buying process and marketing requirements to guide the marketing plan creation; including strategies to reach underpenetrated strategic markets for assigned systems.
- Track, measure, and proactively improve key metrics and processes within CRM and other systems to verify and report on business performance and growth.
- Proactively create, lead, and measure systems marketing programs for profitable revenue growth of assigned Quality Control and Inspection systems portfolio, including the successful initiation, planning, implementation, and monitoring of commercial programs within our identified strategic industries in collaboration with sales leaders.
- Lead the engagement and partnership with key Strategic Industry Teams.
- Successfully design, implement and monitor content strategies through diverse marketing platforms for assigned SICK's Quality Control and Inspection systems.
- Initiate and lead activities to determine customer needs and use scenarios to properly position SICK Quality Control and Inspection systems within the sales channel and marketing collateral.
- Lead the development and implementation of detailed commercialization plans to successfully introduce new Quality Control and Inspection systems to the SICK sales channel and meet product revenue projections. Lead collaboration with SICK AG and local resources to coordinate and measure key milestones, launch objectives, target customer activity, sales tools and collateral deployment, product availability, market positioning, and messaging.
- Lead and monitor market-based Quality Control and Inspection systems pricing and profitability strategies to meet company goals.
- Create strategies to reach identified markets for assigned Quality Control and Inspection systems and proactively identify and justify new growth opportunities for SICK solutions and technologies.
- Identify current and future systems requirements and research newly developed technology to define and validate potential new developments for the SICK portfolio.
- Research and identify market opportunities and trends, understand and report competitor's strategies and technology threats; recommend strategic activities and tactics to provide a competitive advantage (s) for SICK.
- Proactively engage and develop strong relationships with key divisional resources and colleagues in SICK AG to collaborate on joint strategic topics.
- Own and report project status and plans to division and organization management, develop and own project strategy implementation, proactively request input on important decisions and milestone achievement.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Deep understanding of SICK products, systems, and services to aid in customer fulfillment as needed.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects as assigned.
- Understand and support general customer needs.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or similar technical discipline.
- 8+ years of product management experience within industrial automation.
- 5+ years of industrial Quality Control and Inspection systems experience including Vision 2D/3D, Auto Identification Systems, Dimensioning and Weighing Systems, and Vision Inspection Systems.
Ethics and Integrity, Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountability, Building Effective Relationships, Technical Learning, Functional/Technical Skills, Business Acumen, Decision Making, Problem solving,
Creativity, Perspective, Strategic Agility.
- Written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively interface with individuals both inside and outside the organization from a technical perspective regarding SICK products and systems.
- Ability to interface effectively with individuals at all levels within the division.
- Ability to make complex decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to approach ambiguity with creativity.
- Action oriented, with the ability to drive for results.
- Strong understanding of the business, and processes to improve efficiency.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to delegate, collaborate, motivate and work with others within the organization.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Logistic, Automotive, Food & Beverage, or Consumer Goods industry experience a plus
- PLC and DCS experience a plus
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top