National OEM Account Manager
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts - such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position has primary responsibility for supporting and growing profitable SICK sales and market share within a strategic industry, at named accounts.
- Provide a leadership role developing elements of the growth strategy and mid-term plan for the stated Strategic Industry. Proficiently present, communicate and support the complete strategy to all stakeholders, as needed.
- Use CRM system for all customer and sales process data to ensure proper documentation and retention.
- Provide leadership and coaching to execution of the growth strategy and mid-term plan, ensuring timely, consistent and thorough completion by the entire SI sales team.
- Provide leadership to customer adoption on new SICK products, solutions, systems and Lifetime Services. Agree and execute aggressive growth goals for new product introductions, against a documented plan.
- Provide leadership and coaching to colleagues to implement SICK standardized sales processes for Territory, Account, Opportunity and Call Management to support planning to optimize sales performance. Champion utilization of CRM tools.
- Provide leadership and coaching to an Account sales team to provide exceptional coverage for accounts with multiple engineering locations. Ensure the account team is high performing; collaborating to develop an account plan and strategy, facilitate sales coverage planning for all locations. Establish KPIs for the account team performance, provide reporting on these KPIs.
- Develop direct customer relationships using deep understanding of customers business needs, equipment applications and technical language utilized in their industry. Provide consultative sales techniques, based on SICK Sales Power (SSP) to uncover customer needs and solve difficult applications. Providing solutions that are differentiated to improve customer machine design.
- Introduce and sell SICK products and Lifetime Services to both existing and new account prospects to achieve established goals and grow market share.
- Provide amazing customer service by managing customer communications and SICK customer relationship with named accounts. Ensure velocity and accuracy to all customer communications.
- Identify and properly qualify business and customer opportunities and/or threats; understand the account potential, competitors and position in the market and requirements for doing business.
- Be responsible for new market discovery and potential opportunities for new and diverse product applications.
- Pursue Sales Excellence, developing skills, knowledge and competencies to continuously improve performance. Complete annual performance objectives and performance reviews, with Supervisor. Capitalize on development and training opportunities to position yourself for highest levels of performance recognition and continued career development.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Provide accurate and timely sales reports; track and measure sales results.
- Keep abreast of market and competitive activity; recommend actions in areas where competitor activities are having a negative impact on sales goals.
- Participate in trade shows, prepare and give marketing/sales presentations to technical societies, etc.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Four year degree in a technical field with either an academic or experiential orientation toward technical sales. (IE Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering)
- Prior sales experience involving sales of high technology industrial control products through direct sales and/or regional distributors is required.
- Large account management, industrial automation and international sales experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel regionally up to four days a week. This position will require 60-70% business travel.
- Requires a high degree of direct sales management skills and the implementation of account sales plans through a network of direct and indirect sales channels.
- Must have the ability to manage consistently to a common plan, providing sales leadership in the implementation of Corporate sales strategies.
- Requires fundamental leadership in sales management, opportunity assessment, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft and Internet applications
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
Learning on the fly
Dealing with Ambiguity
Drive for Results
Comfort Around Higher Management
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top