National Application Engineer II - ID/Measuring Portfolio
Preferred position location in Bloomington, MN.
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts - such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
This position is responsible for providing technical expertise & support for the SICK, Inc. Identification & Measuring portfolio.
The SICK, Inc. Identification & Measuring sensor portfolio includes the following:
- Vision & Identification sensors
- Measurement & Ranging sensors
Specific focus will be on OEMs and limited Integrators & End Users within the following focus segments:
- Automotive Car Manufacturing & Part Suppliers
- Consumer Goods Manufacturing
- Packaging, Handling, & Assembly Machine Builders
- Courier, Express, Parcel
- Storage & Conveyor
- Retail / E-Commerce Fulfillment
- Airports Baggage Handling
- Transport Logistics - AGC, AGV, Mobile Automation
- O&G Upstream, Midstream, & Downstream
- Chemical, Petrochemical, & Refining
This position exhibits excellence in the four pillars:
1) Technical - Technical excellence in assigned Business Unit(s).
2) Commercial, Tools - Commercial excellence in National Product Management & Sales support and customer engagement in assigned Business Unit(s) utilizing common tools (CRM, SalesPro, et cetera).
3) Collaboration - Collaboration excellence in intra-subsidiary communication and with headquarters in assigned Business Unit(s).
4) Business - Business excellence in assigned Business Unit(s) with full support of portfolio related to revenue and margin, budget, and forecast commitments.
The Product Management Process consists of six core processes:
1) Strategic Assessment
2) Midterm & Budget Planning
3) Product Development Process
4) Product Launch Process
5) Product Lifecycle
6) Product Phase Out
National Application Engineering is primarily involved in the Product Lifecycle (5) and Product Phase-Out (6) phases of the Product Management Process and assists National Product Management resources during the Strategic Assessment (1) phase.
This position may have work direction responsibilities for other National Application Engineer I resources
- Support National Product Management resources in identifying and analyzing technology trends/developments and customer industry needs.
- Provide Tier 2 level and post-production technical support inclusive of customer, sales, marketing, and other support needs. Support may be in-person or via telephone, WebEx/GoToWebinars meetings, email, and/or other forms of communication.
- Conduct technical training inclusive of customer, sales, and other training needs. Training may be in-person or via telephone, WebEx/GoToWebinars meetings, email, and/or other forms of communication.
- Support National Product Management resources with information on new product/extensions/customization ideas & potential and carry out local technical implementation.
- Leverage tools like SICK Ideas to document use case and technical requirements.
- Manage the creation, review, and submittal of technical support documentation updates
- Collaborate with Sales and National Product Management resources as a joint selling team. Use the CRM system to document Value Creation Path engagement activities to ensure visibility to all joint selling team members.
- Manage the support of National Product Management in the product launch process to assure the successful introduction of new products into the sales channel.
- Manage the design, development, and construction of demonstration equipment to support activities.
- Manage the support of National Product Management resources in the positioning of the broader SICK, Inc. solution inclusive of Serial Products, Systems, and Services.
- Technical competency within assigned Business Unit(s) inclusive of IO-Link, SOPAS, AppSpace, Safety Designer, and other protocols/software platforms. Basic knowledge in sensor integration, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, Distributed Control System (DCS) & Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) programming, networking, database management, Asset Management System (AMS) & Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) integration, and cyber security.
- Manage Industry 4.0 enablement technical support activities.
- Manage Environment of Customer (EoC) technical support activities.
- Manage the application of diagnostic techniques to identify problems and investigate root cause analysis.
- Embrace the SICK culture via the SICK Way.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or other Engineering discipline preferred OR 4+ years of equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in installation of Industrial Systems in Logistics Automation, Factory Automation or Process Automation industries
- Strong Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner, whether written or oral
- Excellent customer relationship skills such as the ability to listen, assert self, resolve conflicts and work out customer concerns
- Ability to understand and apply engineering concepts quickly
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet applications
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
Drive for Results
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top