Inside Sales Representative
Today, SICK is a leading manufacturer of factory, logistics and process automation technology worldwide. With more than 1,000 patents for its products, SICK continues to lead the industry in new product innovations. The diversity of its product line allows SICK to offer solutions at every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, logistics, parcel, material handling, oil and gas, chemical/HPI, power, and cement industries. SICK's expansive product portfolio includes industrial sensors; safety solutions automatic identification; vision encoders; and gas, dust, and flow analyzers.
This position provides service in a high performance, customer focused environment with respect to company procedures and policies. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for day to day operational support for sales representatives, distributors, direct and external customers as well as internal departments. This position requires a high level of accuracy and detail orientation. A successful Inside Sales Representative will have a positive attitude, ability to thrive in a team environment and ability to handle a high volume of activity. Inside Sales Representative must provide in depth, advanced knowledge of inter-workings of Sales Services and its processes and assist Supervisors with project management, assignments and process improvements.
- Provide highly responsive service and support to the field sales organization (distributors and direct) and customers through telephone calls, email, fax transmissions and in person correspondence in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
- Provides front line phone support in a courteous, professional manner on a consistent basis; answering questions and solving customer problems promptly and with minimal transfers
- Maintains awareness of lead times and coordinates new order delivery dates with manufacturing capabilities to provide information regarding product price and availability when requested
- Triage all aspects of customer and rep inquiries to ensure inquiries are directed to the appropriate internal areas and issues are resolved in a timely manner and with accurate information; following up on closure of issue as necessary
- Troubleshoot and take appropriate action for resolving order issues (i.e. inventory and pricing discrepancies)
- Troubleshoot and take appropriate action and ownership to resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Coordinate with internal groups to exceed service level expectations and provide continuing visibility of contractual obligations
- Resolves matters pertaining to order entry, administration, completion and shipment with in-house groups
- Provide direct support to external customers and vendors when sales rep role is vacant
- Maintain knowledge of SICK, Inc. standard business terms and conditions and products
- Acquires and maintains familiarity with government, industry and import/export regulations
- Coordinate and manage the quote process and the conversion of quotes or orders via the SICK, Inc. website and CRM; providing effective communication with customer concerning all administrative aspects of the quotation, contract and/or order
- Determine account specific service expectations while working with the Customer, Sales Representatives, Product Management, Distribution, and Finance Depts.
- Thorough understanding of product offerings and market knowledge through independent effort and supervised work
- Build strong relationships that promote trust and confidence with the customer, sales rep, distributors, and internal departments
- Support the outside sales staff with trials, samples and quotes or proposals as requested
- Generate reports and perform analysis for management as requested
- Participates in continuous improvement programs
- Keeps supervisor informed of areas of conflict that go unresolved or may pose a problem to SICK, Inc.'s service levels to customers
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned or required
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in business or related field with 3-5 years' experience in a customer facing position OR Bachelor's degree in business and 1-2 years of experience in a customer facing position.
- Six Sigma greenbelt required.
- Understanding of exceptional business processes.
- Experience dealing with customer concerns, and creating a positive experience for every customer interaction.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Solid interpersonal skills to build and maintain favorable relationships with key internal and external contacts including sales agents, customers and coworkers.
- Strong written communication skills to write business correspondence, activity documentation, and routine project reports
- Verbal communication skills to articulate clearly and effectively with external and internal customers and company employees
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize based on need
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to make appropriate decisions based on department processes, procedures, and Company policies.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in personal conduct, interpersonal relations and work performance.
- Strong computer skills are a must. Must be proficient with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), CRM, and Internet applications. (SAP knowledge a plus but not required.)
- May require order entry task as it relates to specific customers' needs such as 3rd party portals or to assist customer service at the request of management.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Back to top