Inside Sales Representative
Today, SICK is a leading manufacturer of factory, logistics and process automation technology worldwide. With more than 1,000 patents for its products, SICK continues to lead the industry in new product innovations. The diversity of its product line allows SICK to offer solutions at every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, logistics, parcel, material handling, oil and gas, chemical/HPI, power, and cement industries. SICK's expansive product portfolio includes industrial sensors; safety solutions automatic identification; vision encoders; and gas, dust, and flow analyzers.
This position is responsible for coordinating customer service functions to ensure internal, external (domestic and international) customers are provided with a level of service that exceeds expectations.
- Maintains awareness of lead times and coordinates new order delivery dates with manufacturing capabilities.
- Provides a highly responsive service oriented interface for Field Sales and customers.
- Accurate and timely completion of the order receipt, entry and delivery process; solving customer problems and answering questions as expeditiously as possible.
- Coordinate with all internal groups to assume adequate communication to achieve acceptable service levels and provide continuing visibility of contractual obligations.
- Resolves matters pertaining to order entry, administration, completion and shipment with in-house groups.
- Answers customer phone calls professionally and consistently.
- Solve customer problems and answer customer questions as expeditiously as possible.
- Provide information regarding product price and availability.
- Guide customers to the best resources to fit their needs including technical support, distribution information, and other relevant information that the customer may require.
- Provides effective communication with customer concerning all administrative aspects of the quotation, contract and/or order.
- Provide dedicated, one-on-one phone sales and support to select direct customers.
- Maintain knowledge of SICK, Inc. standard business terms and conditions as well as products.
- Acquires and maintains familiarity with government, industry and import/export regulations.
- Process requests for quotations and the conversion of quotes or orders via the SICK, Inc. website and CRM; assist the field in the entry and processing of quotations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- Support the outside sales staff with trials, samples and quotes or proposal as requests.
- May generate reports and perform analysis for management.
- Participates in continuous improvement programs.
- Keeps supervisor informed of areas of conflict that go unresolved or may pose a problem to SICK, Inc.'s service levels to customers.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in business or related field with 3-5 years of experience in a customer facing position OR Bachelor's degree in business and 1-2 years of experience in a customer facing position OR equivalent experience in lieu of degrees.
- Understanding of exceptional business processes.
- Experience dealing with customer concerns, and creating a positive experience for every customer interaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior telephone interaction skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize based on need
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work in a general office environment
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Meet Some of SICK's Employees
Strategic Industry Manager
Vikram develops commercial, marketing, and business strategies that will help position SICK as a market leader in the electronic and solar verticals.
Back to top