Industrial Automation Technician
- Chicago, IL
This is a remote opportunity ideally located near a major airport.
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and “Sensor Intelligence” have allowed SICK to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK’s focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
This position has primary responsibility for the install and support of SICK products throughout North America.
• Provide amazing customer service by effectively managing customer expectations.
• Introduce, implement, and support various LifeTime Service programs.
• Build support structures and populate with SICK equipment. Requires the use of hand tools and basic construction knowledge.
• Make electrical connections of SICK equipment.
• Configure SICK products utilizing laptop and configuration software.
• Provide onsite commissioning of installed equipment following established criteria.
• Perform onsite start up support, monitor installed equipment for proper operation, and make adjustments as needed.
• Properly troubleshoot, diagnose, and replace SICK equipment.
• Provide accurate and timely service reports, time cards, and travel expenses.
• Attend required training sessions as assigned.
• Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
• Two-year college degree is preferred.
• Zero – 3 years of prior field service experience.
• This is a travel position and will require domestic and international travel upward of 85% of time.
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Able and willing to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
• Legally permitted to work in the United States.
• Able to work in a general office environment.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! SICK has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking “Apply Online” button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Back to top