***This position is based in our SICK Bloomington MN Facility.
SICK is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and Sensor Intelligence have allowed SICK to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, SICK's focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
This position has primary responsibility for developing and delivering on our technical strategy, business development, pre-sale opportunity support, technical project management and post-sale technical support for SICK solutions, software and services to our International Key Accounts.
- Provide advanced pre-sales technical guidance to internal and external for co-developments, projects and programs
- Give work direction to the internal and external project execution teams
- Lead co-developments by supporting active projects
- Strong technical competency in SICK solutions, software and service offerings
- General understanding of traditional and emerging Logistics Automation processes.
- Global collaboration with other regional IKA technical leads
- Mature understanding of customer organization, business practices and strategy
- Coordinate the development of customer solution documentation packages
- Advocate for prioritization to R&D for project developments
- Coordination with Strategic Product Management on roadmap requirements
- Collaboration with Application Engineering team to validate R&D release candidates
- Close collaboration with sales to create forecasting insights
- Provide input for mid term planning strategy for each account
- Coordinate technical, commercial, information security and legal risk through coordination with respective departments.
- Coordination with technical support for future deployments hand off
- Identify impact of critical components that are going end of life and identify path forward
- Support the escalation, response and close out of identified solution defects or technical support queries
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience
- Four year degree in Engineering (or related field) or a technical degree with equivalent experience required.
- 6+ years of experience in applied engineering in industrial automation, mechanical / electrical expertise at a manufacturing/ integration company, and/ or Machine Vision & Robotics solutions integration company
- Logistics Automation experience or expertise in the area of machine vision, mechatronix or robotics a plus.
- Must have good analytical, organizational, project managements and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to develop and implement plans, procedures and processes to accomplish a goal.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft and Internet applications.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Conduct Domestic and International Business Travel as required.
- Ability to work in a general office environment.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
At SICK, we believe that our employees are the key to achieving our mission and values. SICK's benefit package has long been recognized and valued because of its comprehensiveness and competitiveness in the market. To help our employees make the most of their overall well-being, we are thrilled to provide an outstanding rewards package! See attached benefits summary documents for details!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the apply online button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com .
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V